Hoping for multiples!

ButternutBabe

Reaction score
Hello! I'm currently pregnant with my first and my partner and I want to have lots (at least four) kids eventually.

Neither of us have twins in our family, but we're both still hoping we can magically end up with two instead of one with this pregnancy.

Anyone else really wanting multiples??

Not me! I am sure DH and I would be able to deal with it but 1 baby is a lot of work,2 seems terrifying to think about!

I would love twins!!! How amazing would that be! good luck xx

I would love twins too! I went for an early scan on Monday to check for multiples because my levels were high...but we only saw one. I think the odds of missing a twin in there are slim at this point.

I'm definitely happy to see at least one healthy bean in there! Good luck to you!

I had a mild wish, however I knew it would cause problems. My first scan showed a singleton though.

I thought twins would be awesome when I was pregnant with my oldest. Now that I have two children and am pregnant again, I'd be really happy with a singleton lol. Twins do run in my husband's family though, his father is a twin.

I thought twins would be awesome when I was pregnant with my oldest. Now that I have two children and am pregnant again, I'd be really happy with a singleton lol. Twins do run in my husband's family though, his father is a twin.

Twins actually don't have anything to do with the father or his family history. Either the woman ovulates 2 eggs or one egg splits in two. It's all up to momma :winkwink:

Twins actually don't have anything to do with the father or his family history. Either the woman ovulates 2 eggs or one egg splits in two. It's all up to momma :winkwink:
Neat, i didn't know that. I thought twins skipped a generation. Learn something every day lol

Neat, i didn't know that. I thought twins skipped a generation. Learn something every day lol

I've heard that they can skip a generation and genetics do play a part but only if you have family on your side that has a history of multiples. I think that part is mostly just an old wive's tale though. not sure there is much science to back it up but I haven't looked into it.

Oh my goodness! I've wanted twins my whole life!!! So very badly! Identical twin girls to be exact :)

I'd love twins. I wanted 2 more babies but we agreed to one more so twins would be perfect.

I just got my BFP and I'm secretly hoping it's twins! While I remember how much work and lack of sleep I had with my DD the first year I sort of feel like at least it all happens at once? So for a few years it's crazy but levels out?

It's strange I know it's not genetic but both of my Dad's sisters had identical twins. One had indentical boys and one has identical girls.

I have a friend who's carrying twins. She's around 30 weeks. Just admitted to the hospital because she almost went into labor. These two will be #3 and #4 (ALL BOYS) and I know she's said this pregnancy has been awful and she wouldn't wish it on anyone.

As I said I kind of hoped for twins (if only because then I definitely wouldn't need to take two maternity leaves) but don't appear to be getting them. Oh well.

I don't know if I'm hoping for multiples but I have had strong feelings about having them this time around. Can hardly wait for my first scan to find out if my feelings are on point or if they are just me worrying how I would handle two at once.

I've been hoping for twins! My scan isn't until Oct 11th and I am so anxious to see. Twins run in both of our families.

When we first starting TTC I thought having twins would be amazing, but in the end I'm glad we had a singleton. Now that I've realised how much work a baby is I think having 2 newborns must just be so hard... double the expense, double trouble when they start to crawl/walk etc.

My auntie had twins just after I had mine and it just seems so hard to feed both when they're both hungry at the same time and when they were newborns they had different sleep schedules so she was always up with one of them in the night and hardly got any sleep and things like that. When one cries in the night now it tends to wake the other up and then she has to get them both back to sleep.

The childcare costs when she goes back to work will be ridiculous too! :-(

I love having my twins but I'm pregnant again and begging for just 1. I don't think I could survive such a complicated miserable scary pregnancy again. Be careful what you wish for! There are so many complications involved

I can't imagine how hard two newborn babies would be! Emma's still young enough for the memory of just a single newborn feeling raw enough...

I like the idea of twins. I hate the idea of the pregnancy and birth. High chance of complications, being pre term, needing a CS etc. Also a high risk of GD, PE, HG and any other letters you can think of,lol. I was incredibly ill with HG at the beginning of this pregnancy with just one. I lost 2.5 stone in tri 1, not sure I would have survived twins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->