Hoping my positive tests aren't chemical pregnancy

Emmaliz37

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to using any sort of forum and definitely don't have all the pregnancy abbreviations down so please bare with me.
I'd love some feedback, my situation :
Some instinct had me grabbing a test Thursday night, have had Mirena Iud for 3yrs (at least I thought so) but it's been sort of wonky, random periods etc. So I sometimes test to confirm negative. Well this time it didn't. Pretty clear only slightly faded pink lines. Go to Dr Fri am cuz, hello! Iud! They do ultrasound and can't find iud or pregnancy. Tech says lots of gas in there making it difficult (nice!). She shows me uterine wall and said it should be thickening if I were pregnant but let's talk to Dr.

Dr does exam, no Iud. Tell me it is possible to dispel, I say how can I not notice? She says maybe during bowel movement. Ok, on to pregnancy. She says let's get blood work and then repeat u/s, double check that mirena iud is gone, and more blood on Monday. She doesn't seem to be concerned about ectopic but says she'll be honest, she is concerned it's chemical. Her words: not optimistic but hopeful. I see tech in hall later and am crying a little, YES it hit me hard that I WANT this! (despite being 37 with 7yr boy and 3yr twin boys). I tell tech that Dr worries it's chemical and she says, yeah that's what I thought too.

I'm crushed. I start researching on my phone in the car(hubby drivin g) and keep it up all weekend along with testing both with same brand and different brands. All weekend they are as dark as the control line. I learn online that chemical pregnancies don't really put off a lot of hormone and produce faint positive lines. Mine up through this am are very much there! I read that average u/s cannot see pregnancy before 2 weeks 4days fetal age. I figure it's safe to assume I'm very early pregnant and remember that only date that sperms could have met my eggs was Halloween night, cuz yes 2 wks slipped by before we had relations again. Oops. Soooo that means somewhere between 10/31 and 11/15 my egg got fertilized and mosied up to my uterus. Read too that that process can take 2-12 days! So on day 14 after "relations" my u/s doesn't show pregnancy.

Am I correct in thinking that it was simply too early and there is no reason to think chemical pregnancy? And granted they didn't know about the 10/31 being the most likely beginning to this(cuz I hadn't slowed down enough to figure that out yet) but why would they sort of lean towards chemical than simply too early? Is there a significance in the normalcy of uterine wall (even that early) that I am missing?

So very sorry it's so long but I want to put it all out there. I also wish I knew what threshold of hCG number from my results tomorrow put me in normal risk pregnancy range. Cuz they all carry risk. Thanks in advance for reading and writing your opinion!

Sorry, maybe this counts as pregnancy forum. Very sorry, how do I delete? I'm new

I think its in the right place :hugs: sounds like you could be right and it's just too early to see anything. If your tests are very dark tho that would indicate *maybe* your further along than 2 weeks. It's so hard to say and unfortunately it's one of those things that only time will tell. Keep testing if it makes you feel better (it does with me I think I tested every day until 12 weeks with my last pg) and pressure your doctor in to doing more bloods and another ultrasound in a week or so. I really do wish you luck and hope you get the result you so want :hugs: xxxxxxxxx

Are they doing multiple beta tests on you to see how the numbers are progressing? If those are your correct dates, it could be too early - hard to tell.

I'll get Friday's results tomorrow and then Mondays results Tuesday. Don't know the plan beyond that. Thanks!!

Well, u are correct it could be early usually they can't see a baby in u/s till 6 weeks. So u could he 4-5. Honestly and ..... They won't see it. The repeat betas will give u the answers. As long as u double every 2-3.days its a viable pregnancy. If ur test line is darker then the control line that pretty much shows there is an increase in hcg in ur urine. I find it completely annoying that they are even mentioning its a chemical without having bloodwork back especially if it is early. Can't wait to see ur beta results!! Fx ans baby dust

I drives me crazy when I search and only find situations but not results so I'll post the latest. Ultrasound today, no IUD showing for sure, uterine wall thickening, but there is a mass next to my ovary where on Friday there was an ovarian cyst. Soo.. Odds are its just results of a ruptured cyst but they have to follow it until they can rule out ectopic pregnancy.

That being said my blood work came back in with decent numbers and progesterone levels indicate intrauterine pregnancy. I'm waiting to get results of today's blood work tomorrow to make sure they double. Both ultrasound and blood work are in line 4wks1day. Super early! And that is also in line with my realizing the date of intercourse was oct 31. So I think I'm in good shape, no more possibility of chemical pregnancy per dr and now she is optimistic. I just don't know why they jumped to thinking chemical pregnancy. Seems to me that it was truly 50/50 either just too early or Chemical. Would have saved me a measure of grief. I was really upset until I was able to do enough research on my own to realize my positives were too dark to be chemical.

Anyway, my thanks to those that read my little saga, and hopefully these posts will reassure some other hopeful mom worried in a similar situation.

my chemical tests never went dark. if you are early pg othing would be on an ultrasound yet all you can do is wait <3 good luck x

I happened to be at the dr's office the day after a positive pregnancy test, so I was 13dpo. he did an ultrasounds and saw nothing, but told me that at this stage he expected to see nothing. I went back at 5weeks 4 days and they saw a sack but nothing else...no fetal pole etc. So I think it is way too early to worry that you are seeing nothing. Sounds like the blood work looks good so congrats!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->