Hoping you can help - how early can i test

starangel27

Reaction score
Hi

I have been off the pill approx 2 months, we had sex on Thursday & Saturday last week, I then was due to start my period yesterday and I thought i did but it seems to have been a very small light bleed then stopped, I have googled and thought this may be implantation?
So I have just took a test (first response) and its showing as not pregnant.
Was it too early to test do you think?
Or possibly just not pregnant.

If AF is already past due then it shouldn't be too early, but some women just take longer to build enough hcg up soo you never know and can still test again. Who knows maybe your urine was just too diluted, especially this early on. Was it a pink dye test or digital? Digi ones aren't as sensitive. Good luck!

If AF is already past due then it shouldn't be too early, but some women just take longer to build enough hcg up soo you never know and can still test again. Who knows maybe your urine was just too diluted, especially this early on. Was it a pink dye test or digital? Digi ones aren't as sensitive. Good luck!

thanks for your help it was a pink dye test. guess ill just have to wait it out and try again.

Based on the dates you're saying, I don't think you're likely to be pregnant because it was too late after probable ovulation. Ovulation is usually 2 weeks before your period is due, and I think you're a bit too late after that for anything to happen. It's always possible, of course, as is every situation to a point. I'd maybe wait a few more days and see what happens, but I wouldn't recommend getting your hopes up too high if it is a BFP you're after. Good luck getting whichever result you would like x

I agree with Amy....if you only had sex a week ago this means you missed ovulation. I guess there are always exceptions but if your period is due this week than I think it's pretty safe to say you are not pregnant.

How do you know when your period is due? Are you temping to confirm ovulation?

No I am not actively trying to conceive my periods are like clockwork I came on yesterday very lightly as usual but it was only a show I have had nothing since

It could just be your cycles trying to get normal after getting off the bc. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->