hormone panel and bloodwork - what do you get tested for over 35?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive Over 35' started by vs011, Aug 28, 2019.

  1. vs011

    vs011 Well-Known Member

    Jun 27, 2014
    Likes Received:
    I'm curious if any of you had your gyno or doctor check your hormone panel as you are TTC > 35? I saw a hormone called AMH which is used to give an idea of egg reserve you have (I think high AMH is you have plenty of eggs and low AMH is you have less, but I could have it backwards), but these aren't usually brought up in my regular panel of hormones, and I brought it up with my doctor after much googling. She said she could test for it and I was surprised she didn't already bring it up herself to be proactive for me. So I wondered if there were more hormones like this that I could ask the doctor specifically about to test for. What others have you tested that aren't typically in a regular bloodwork or the typical hormones to test?
    celticmum likes this.
  2. OnErth&InHvn

    OnErth&InHvn Mom to 4

    Jul 13, 2010
    Likes Received:
    Estrogen, thyroid, progesterone, amh, LH, there's others but I cant remember.
  3. celticmum

    celticmum Well-Known Member

    Mar 10, 2012
    Likes Received:
    Thank you - very helpful thread

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice