Hormone surge or pregnancy?

Atuck2

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I have been off of BC for a month now. I have been on it almost solid for 14 years to help with PCOS. For the last 2 weeks, I've been experiencing "early pregnancy" symptoms. However, people keep telling me that it may be a progesterone surge and not pregnancy due to being off of the birth control.

I've been off of it a few times in the 14 years, but I've never experienced all of these symptoms, usually just breast tenderness and moodiness, but no more than typical PMS signals for AF. Now there are more symptoms and more intense than AF.

What does everyone think? Hormones because of BC or pregnancy?

Thought it might be helpful to detail symptoms:

AF due on April 18th but didn't start until April 21st (which is normal for me) and lasted 2.5 days (which is normal for me)

When I called in BC, they didn't have any and it caused a delay for me to get my BC.

May 2nd - still haven't started my BC, but started to have a pinching feeling in left ovary and a LOT of CM. I freaked out (never done this before, so I was so confused) and had to ask a close co-worker what was going on and she explained that it was ovulation.

In the 2 weeks since I have had the following symptoms:
Tender breasts (more so than with AF and earlier than PMS)
Breasts feeling heavier, fuller, and firmer (DH calls them "meatier" )
Erect nipples (I mean almost CONSTANT)
More bumpiness to areola and nipple
Nauseous
Bloated
Higher sex drive
I am constantly sleepy/tired
Food aversions to things I love
Eating foods that I normally wouldn't
A few headaches
Vivid dreams
Sensitive Nose
Cramps (much earlier than AF)
Stuffy and Snotty nose
Cycles between diarrhea and constipation
Hip Pain or "cramps"
Body Temp at 98.6 instead of 97.4 (where it usually is)
CM discharge, but can't tell the color/consistency because I only see it in my underwear (I know TMI, but I'm a large woman and it is hard to check "naturally").

At 9dpo I went to the doctor because I thought I had the flu. She said it sounded like pregnancy to her, even with the PCOS having a lower chance. We did urine and blood tests and both came back negative, but she assured me that it was really early and she expected negatives "but it was worth a shot".

I am currently at 14dpo and still BFN on every HPT, even FRER. I know that I'm not out until AF comes, but here is the dilemma. I don't know if I can have an AF because I've always had it with BC. Also, I've read that women with PCOS have had false BFN HPT and blood tests even at several weeks or months pregnant (which doesn't happen 100% of the time).

16DPO and AF arrived a day early, but I had one on my own!! That is progress with PCOS.

I don't know whether to congratulate you on having a natural cycle or say sorry for not getting a BFP... At least now you know you can do it on your own xx Best of luck for next cycle gorgeous ❤️

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->