• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Horrible back pain, side and hip pain in early pregnancy???

wantababybad2

Natalie's Mommy!!
Reaction score
So I'm about 4 weeks and 2 or 3 days according to lmp. I am having some of the worst left side back pain. It's in my side, back, hip, and butt cheek. I never had this kind of pain with my first. Even late in pregnancy I didnt. It doesn't feel like uti pain because I've had several of those. It actually feels a little lower than that. It hurts no matter how I lay or sit. :( I don't think I'm gonna get much sleep at all tonight. I hope this isn't telling me how this pregnancy is gonna turn out. Maybe it's not even pregnancy related. Idk. Anybody else ever have this problem?

if i were you i'd go and get checked out immediately. maybe it is nothing to worry about but if you can't sleep from pain, which doesn't feel like your standard usual pain you get in the area, you should go get checked out anyway, pregnant or not pregnant!

Sounds like sciatic nerve pain.. I'm in PT now for my SI joint and my hip because hormones cause my ligaments to relax so much that my SI keeps coming out of place.. It can come out of place and mess with your sciatic nerve.
Definitely wouldn't hurt to call your doctor. In the mean time you can try ice packs & heating pads on the area. That's what they do for me in physical therapy. Good luck!

Oh and mine started very early in the pregnancy as well.

I'm learning that strange pains are more normal than not. If it's severe, do get checked out to make sure nothing serious is going on. However, there's really not a lot that they'll do for pain... Except maybe some Tylenol...woohoo? :/

Try pillows or sleeping in a chair, or anything that will take pressure off of those areas.

Sciatica. I get it every pregnancy. When you get pregnant, your body releases a huge amount of relaxin, a hormone that helps your pelvis to expand to make room for and allow the birth of a baby.

Some of us produce more relaxin than others and the shifting of the pelvis, spine and hip joints creates pressure on the sciatic nerve, causing a great deal of pain in the butt...literally.

One of the first reasons I ever test is a shooting pain in my hip joint. Its nature's pee test for me.

The only things I have found that help are heating pads, laying on the opposite of the affected side with pillows between the knees, some easy yoga, posture improvement, and trying my best to stand up every 15 minutes or so and walk a little. Sitting exacerbates the condition a LOT.

There really is no cure but birthing that baby, so hang in for a long ride.

I had this on and off between weeks 4 til 6, then it went away. Like PP said, prob a huge release of hormones causing it. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months xxx

Thankfully it went away, but I'm sure it will be back because it felt like one of those pains that's coming back. Lol. Thank yall. I haven't had my first appointment yet, but of it comes back before then I will talk to my doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"