horrible doc appointment heart murmur

annie1

mother of 1
Reaction score
today has been awful this past weekend my oh had the flu and now my lo got a cough so took her to the docs and he has given her antibiotics. But when the doctor listened to her chest he says Rafaella got a heart murmur and he referring her to the hospital . He did say that it could just be due to the fact she poorly. The appointment isnt till four weeks time i am so worried now. i would really love to hear anybody who has been through this. Plus the doctor was a complete git ! i asked him for reassurance and he said i cant keep things from you cause you a worryer ! this is the same doctor who said to my oh once that he was pressuring him this was at the time i was having a miscarriage and my oh asked him to organize a scan asap and he called that pressure and told my oh to step outside

Hi hun

oe was ill 3 weeks ago with a throat infection, she showed a heart mummur at the time, but since shes gotten better it has disapeared, they are called innocent mummurs and its more than likely they will grow out of them
Also my goddaugther develops and innocent mumur when she is ill and shes a fighting fit 4 year old. Id imagine that if it was anything other than innocent it would have been picked up on before now

DONT WORRY

thanks for reassuring me alittle bit i just been sobbing my eyes out ! i got my in laws an my parent saying i too over the top with worry for baby but i cant help how i feel

i was told my little girl had a slight heart murmor the day i had her, i completly freaked when they first told me, because it sounds so scary, but they completly reassured me that it is very common in young babies and will probably disapear, the doc listened to her heart at her 6 week check and said it sounded fine but i also have a follow up app at the hosp in a few weeks just to make sure, but they did tell me even if she still has it, it probably wont affect her in any way, as many adults have heart murmours that have never been detected untill they have to go to hosp or have a baby etc etc. i completly understand how you feel though, it is scary, hope all works out ok for you and your little one, and take no notice of ignorant doctors, ask to speak to someone else if you need some reassurance x

Yeah, I've no direct experience with them but I do know its quite common and lots of babys just grow out of them. Don't worry X

I took Isobelle the GPs to listen to her chest as I thought she had an infection got told the chest is clear but she has a heart murmur i nearly fell on the floor, and cried all the way home and for hrs after that
We waited 4 weeks for our app (only 1 clinic a month) and we went in they scanned her (USS like when preg) and he listened and said there was nothing there
He said a lot of the time GPs hear a noise on the chest and think its the heart and send them over to be sure something about a swoosh being a swish instead??? (i never understood)
Just remember GPs know a little of everything and not many are peads trained so wait and see what the peads Drs say at your app.
Its hopefully nothing like Isobelle :hugs:

thanks Rah thats reassuring its knocked me for six !

Hey, Yeah I wouldnt worry too much, was told Olivia had a Heart Murmur aswell but as one of the ladies said, the doctor told us it may just be because she was poorly and because she was crying alot, but there is no sign of it now! x

2 days after Jessica was born, it was the day of being discharged and the doc heard a heart murmur too. I was referred there and then, I had to watch all the new mums go home whilst i was sat there crying my eyes out. I watched my newborn baby being hooked up on a blood pressure machine and 2 different docs listening to her heart.

I cried all the time and kept blaming myself- I was convinced it was to do with my gestational diabetes. I returned for Jess to have a follow up appt at 3months and it turned out the valve had closed up and the murmar had gone altogether. I was so so happy, words could never describe.

Like alot of ppl said, It could just be an innocent murmur- the docs had told me this too. Babies/adults live normal healthy lives with an innocent murmur. It doesnt stop your mind thinking all sorts tho!

Like Teel liam was 2 days old when they found he had one we were about to be discharged that night when i got the doctor in saying something wasnt right his oxygen levels were at 88/100 and his breathing was unsettled. I couldnt visit him in the nursery because i was too upset he was in their for 10 days, just being hooked up to machines, oxygen and a drip for his anti biotics we were discharged when they were happy with his reps. Had a check up when he was 8 weeks old theirs still a small hole there which will need to be checked when he is 3 years old and have another echo this type of murmur was called a PDA (Patent ductus arteriosus) which is ment to close up by itself after the babies are born liams didnt.. now his hole can be seen but not heard .If you need to talk just pm me hun its not as scary as it sounds alot can be done for these problems xx

Yep Ruby has a heart murmur. Dr said it's a 'soft systolic murmur' which needs to further investigation.

I have no experience but I hope all is well :hugs:

I have a heart murmur, detected when I was a newborn. It turned out to be a ventricular septal defect (a small hole in my heart), but it's small and has never needed to be repaired. Since it never closed on its own either I saw a cardiologist for an echocardiogram every two years all my life, but I've never had any serious problems, just a bit of lowered stamina when it comes to exercise and stuff. Heart murmurs are very common, especially in babies, and many- I'd venture to say most- of them are nothing serious at all. Don't be scared! Chances are very good that it will turn out to be nothing and take care of itself in time, or that it will just be something mild that won't cause any harm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->