Horrible pelvic pain

lanaross

Mom to Bella and Greyson
Reaction score
I've been experiencing the worst pain ever in my pubic bone - feels like a badly strained ankle. I can't walk without making a face and walking up and down the stairs is a challenge. Oh and putting my pants makes me almost scream. I kind of researched and found out that I am just one of the lucky ones who got SPD (https://www.depression-guide.com/baby-care-guide/pregnancy/pelvic-pain.htm) but was wondering if anybody got this and how do you cope? Do you apply heat? wouldn't it hurt the bubs? Anything you're doing to make it better? xx

eeek you aswell :hugs: i dont cope with it :( i limp or hobble along (when i can actually move) i usually get it worst at night so i tend to take myself to bed and lie still lol. iv been getting shooting pains down my right bum cheek that goes down my leg aswell. feel like iv been kicked in the ladys bits most mornings too. the joys.
have you phoned your midwife about physio? i also use one of those long pregnancy pillows and it helps. the only other thing i can think of is paracetomal and a nice hot bath.

xx

Yep get a referral asap from your midwife they can give you excercizes and a support band. In the meantime remember always keep your knees together when sitting down, getting out of the car, rolling in bed etc it helps with less movement on the pelvis x

I haven't called my mw as I am hoping maybe it will go away? :) I guess not, seems like it's just getting worse. Is this serious?? Ordered pregnancy pillow already maybe it will be here as my Christmas present (the best ever lol)

thanks girls :hugs:

Get on the phone to your mw hun spd really is not pleasant, it can get a lot worse. You will be referred for physio and given a support belt and exercises. As said already keep your knees together. A pillow between your legs when your sleeping helps to support your pelvis too. Also start doing some pelvic floor exercises while your waiting for a referral to go through there help too. Cant help on the heat thing as i never used anything like that although when i had physio on my back at the start of this pregnancy i was told that using heat was ok. Hope this helps hun.

Theres several of us suffering from this hunni.

I have started a spd support thread over in pregnancy club.

I started with it this pregnancy around 14 weeks.

I have bought a serola belt last pg & use it all day every day which helps stabilise pelvis.

You need to get a physio referral from GP or midwife & if spd bad enough they will give you crutches to aid in walking & give you tips on getting about.

I find a heat pack often works, and have now got paracetomol & codine from GP when I'm completely crippled.

When going upstairs go up on step at a time. Keep kness together whne turning over in bed.

Get dressed sitting down.

When getting in car do it lady like sit sideways then swing legs around, putting a plastic bag on seat can help.

SPD is something that they can't do much to treat, just manage.

Its pretty tough, but there are several of us suffering so please don't feel you have to cope with this on your own.

Drop by the thread & say hi, we're all there to support, offer advice or just be there for a rant.

Theres several of us suffering from this hunni.

I have started a spd support thread over in pregnancy club.

I started with it this pregnancy around 14 weeks.

I have bought a serola belt last pg & use it all day every day which helps stabilise pelvis.

You need to get a physio referral from GP or midwife & if spd bad enough they will give you crutches to aid in walking & give you tips on getting about.

I find a heat pack often works, and have now got paracetomol & codine from GP when I'm completely crippled.

When going upstairs go up on step at a time. Keep kness together whne turning over in bed.

Get dressed sitting down.

When getting in car do it lady like sit sideways then swing legs around, putting a plastic bag on seat can help.

SPD is something that they can't do much to treat, just manage.

Its pretty tough, but there are several of us suffering so please don't feel you have to cope with this on your own.

Drop by the thread & say hi, we're all there to support, offer advice or just be there for a rant.

Thank you hun xxxx this is very helpful. I had no clue it could get to that but it feels worse and worse :( Will check out the thread. Thanks xxx

most maternity hospitals run pelvic clinics twice a month to help pregnant women cope with this kind of thing. So defiantly worth a call. I am supposed to go to go 5th Jan but boss has scheduled meetings all day so might have to postpone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->