• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Horrible post-nasal drip...HELP!

Frippledip

3rd Tri!
Reaction score
So I've got this awful post-nasal drip in the back of my throat. It's not thin and runny, it's thick and just sits right above my throat and I just can't clear it out. Outside of a neti-pot (I can't bear the thought of liquid going up my nose) does anyone have any suggestions? It's miserable....:hissy:

sorry no can do!!! I haven't got anything like that hun xx

Can't help you - I was hoping you'd help me, cos I've got exactly the same. Evil, isn't it? Hoping we both get rid ASAP xx

Me and my nephew both have post nasal drip, and miserable it is to have it but the only thing we have found (and been prescribed by docs) that works is beconase which I haven't been taking while preggers obviously :( I wish I could say I have found a remedy that works just as well but unfortunately the last 9 months have been a pain in the ass with blocked nose at night with gunk going down throat and the rest of the day is spent trying to clear it. :hissy:

Hope you find a solution though!! :hugs:

:hug:

Thanks for your replies girls, I guess I'll just have to deal with it!

I have had it too, and it makes morning sickness so much worse. I have just been trying to drink a lot of water, but it doesn't seem to have helped much so far.

It does make sickness/gagging much worse, you're right!
Brushing teeth is horrible :(

I'm now coughing like an old hag. Not sure what to try :/

I had my annual physical yesterday and the doc was asking questions about stuff - & this came up... I have been having issues as well & doc said well she was guessing pregnancy related (duh!) but she really didnt have any good ideas as far as dealing with it. She just said drink fluids. (mines been really thick) At least Im not the only one with this!

Hey, Ladies

This might help you. The remedy called Neilmed sinus rinse, you can buy it in big Boots stores or online. It really does help. I use it twice a day. I felt much better on second day I used it and by 4th day my nose was fine. But you should not stop using it once you feel better.

Oh, you CAN use in dirung pregnancy

xxxxx

This sounds like a sinus problem definitely (I've suffered for years with them) The only thing that works for me is sterimar salt water and antibiotics if it's accompanied with a headache. Try and drain your sinuses every day especially when you wake up. You can do this my massaging the bridge of your nose and each side of your nose just above your nostrils to the base of your ears. Steam inhalations will help too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"