:( horrid day yest 999... to nothing

XfairyhopesX

Mummy to my Pixxie & WTT
Reaction score
Day started as usual Aiden was fine and dandy, had his milk playing on the rug with his tv on etc, i was due to go a big party at a mates in the evening so was getting the chilli in the slowcooker and getting sorted.
Aiden had a nap, bath seemed fine... then second bott he just projectile puked all over me and the floor, never seem so much spew in my life!!, anyway bathed him again and lay him dowm, then the runs, wouldnt eat, very sleepy, just got worse and worse.... rang NHS direct nurse said if ill will be drowsy, now he was REALLY HOT, stripped him he couldnt even stay awake while changing him, so i went to the walk in... after a wait of 40 mins covered in puke (again in the car and carpark) i got seen. Doc took one look and rang the hosp then 999... well you can imagine i was beside myself, we could hardly wake him, pale anf quite floppy, was throwing in ambulance still.
Anyway when we got there... nothing no rush to see him, "sit in waiting area" i was livid... waited waited, then was seen about half hour later and aiden had woken slightly, checked major obs and said needed a ward for rehyd etc - ANYWAY - 4 whole hrs later (i could of walked) we got a rehyd syringe to do ourselves in a waiting are NO BED 8 at night poor thing was knackered, we got seen and they sent us home viral infection... i was amazed... from 999 to leaving us like that.... what a load of shit!!!! hosp couldnt give a toss he'd not obv eaten or drank all day and sick n dia.... was not happy felt a waste of time and could of done bett myslef!!

Aww poor little thing, cant believe nhs sometimes. thats appaling! hope hes feeling abit better today hun xxx

:(
thats horrible.how is he feeling today?is he taking water?
hope he gets better soon.sounds like u did a great job yest:hugs:

oh no poor you and poor aiden! That's not acceptable. At least you know your brave little man is going to be okay. Big :hugs: to you both x

poor little guy, i hope he is feeling better soon.

Hi lovelies thank you, ive just given him half a bott of milk this morn and hes not bought it back, so i tried him half an hour ago on a tiny bit of porridge cos he seems hungry but i dont want to over load him, and i might just give water for an hour or so now, hes still quite quiet but not drowsy like yest it was so frightening, bloody hosp were useless put me off bothering girls xxx

aw :hugs: i hope he feels better.
poor thing!!
which hospital did you go to chick, kings mill or queens medical. i ask because weve had experience with both AnE departments and they were equally crap.
we took alfie one night he was weezing, tuggingc chest in, they said not to worry its just broncholitis and hell get over it, took him the night after and they had to put a tube down his nose to feed him and he had to be put on an oxygen machine, :dohh:
i sometimes wonder why i bother to pay taxes,

<3

SOunds really scary! Glad hes a bit brighter this morning!

That hospital sounds bloody awful! After calling an ambulance for a baby you would think they would jump into action right away! I get that they are busy, but it could have been anything! Id put in a complaint!

aw :hugs: i hope he feels better.
poor thing!!
which hospital did you go to chick, kings mill or queens medical. i ask because weve had experience with both AnE departments and they were equally crap.
we took alfie one night he was weezing, tuggingc chest in, they said not to worry its just broncholitis and hell get over it, took him the night after and they had to put a tube down his nose to feed him and he had to be put on an oxygen machine, :dohh:
i sometimes wonder why i bother to pay taxes,

<3

it queens angel they were crap didint give him anything only me to do the rehyd syringing 5 mins apart for 40 mins there for hours- couldnt belive how lapse they was, luke kept saying why do we pay he was fuming, i thought when i got there he'd go straight in not exactly a broken arm was it hes 8 months old n dehyd and not eating and had been hard to wake all day.. bloody morons arnt they, sorry you had a bad exp too... mummy knows best angel xx

Aww how terrifying for you :( That's shocking the way you were treated. Glad to hear he sounds a bit better today and is keeping his food down. xxxxxx

What a horrid experience. I'm glad to hear he's doing better today though!

aw hun :( we had a few of those when Seth was a baby, youngest being 7 weeks old. It's awful seeing them like that. And then they made us do the dioralite syringes ourselves as well.

You can get that rehydration stuff over the counter, we keep some in the house now just incase :)

Hope he's feeling better xxx

Awww it was rubbish Linzi i had to keep waking him up bless him, thanks for that i'll get some stashed - there is always something eh xxx

that's terrible, hope he's feeling a bit better now :hugs:

We had the same with our DD a few weeks ago (although without the 999 call) she was perfectly fine one minute the next she was throwing all her feeds up, really hot, wouldn't settle. We took her to the Dr and he told us to carry on as we were with her...2 days later she was the same so we took her back and they sent us straight to the hospital.

They sat us in the childrens ward with a syringe a bottle of dioralyte..10ml every 10 minutes..After 8 hours they sent us home....Viral gastroenteritis.. Told us to keep her on the dioralyte for 24 hours..She was right as rain after that.

I hope you're little man feels better soon..It's horrible when their throwing up what looks like their own weight in puke. :hugs:

Hes slept all day near enough but the poo omg its awful its hit me the carpet etc had to bathe him 3x bless hes still not well doesnt want food but will take bits of milk bless him xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->