Horrid Vivid Weird Dreams **LOOK WHAT I WAS SENT!! -update pg2**

Tsia

My MyloMan - he turned 1!
Reaction score
I dont know if this is due to anxiety or hormones or what.. or maybe I am just weird!
Is anyone else having horrid baby related dreams?

I dont usually dream alot but in the last week I have been very regularly.. a few nights ago I dreamt my baby was dead and I had to get it out in a panic.. I woke very upset and worried, sweating and took a good few minutes to realise it was a dream, thank god.

And last night I woke again.. this time I dreamt that my baby was newborn and on formula for some reason or another (when I want to express for the first fortnight) and my auntie was holding her upstairs in this strange B&B and she shouted down to bring her up a bottle. Well I dont know why but the formula powder had been stored, BY ME, in this old rusty nails tin.. and the formula powder still had all nails in.. which I was frantically trying to pick out whilst I could hear the hungry screams of my baby upstairs with my auntie.
Oh it was horrible.. I couldnt get the nails out! then made up a bottle thinking they were all gone and picked out and looked underneath the bottle and they some were in there again! :hissy:
I woke in a sweat again!
Oh what horrid horrid dreams I am having:cry::cry:

Is it just me or is it hormones?
Anyone else having similar dreaming patterns?

mine were really bad till last week when they seem to have stopped! but they are horrid hunny, and there seems to be nothing we can do to stop them! xxx

I think it is just your brains way of coping with the worries you have about looking after you LO hun, I have had horrid ones too, last night I dreamt that a random woman ran over my foot with her double buggy and when I said ow that hurt she said she hadn't done anything then said 'I hope you never get pregnant' when I said well I already am she said 'well I hope you have a miscarriage then' !! god knows what that was all about !!!

I have been having really horrible dreams recently, that all seem to involve my baby being harm! I had one dream that I went into labour at 17 weeks and had to really fight for my baby to stay alive...and the night before last I had a dream that I decided I didnt want any more children after this one and when I told the hospital they decided to remove my womb while I was still pregnant!

Like you I wake up sweating and panicky but once Ive realised its a dream I calm down again!! Its amazing what your mind can do!!

I had a horrid dream a few weeks back now. I dreamt that I basically hadnt changed or fed my baby for 48hours, I had just let him/her sleep in the moses basket. This realisation came to me suddenly and then it was a mad panick to check baby was ok. I tried BF but couldnt then realised I had no bottles or formula!! It was really horrible I woke up close to tears.

Like golcarlilly said its just our brains way of coping with the worries of bringing a new baby into the world :hugs:

Heya hun
I've also had horrid dreams, although they seem to have abated now.
Most were about the baby, although some were just other random wierd dreams!
Not dreaming so much now, but definintely sleeping less well!

well I hope they wear off.. dont want another tonight thats for sure.

Its not even like I am eating cheese before I go to bed or anything.

Its strange how obviously baby is the forefront of all our minds everyday and can dominate our dreams so much!

ive had a few wierd ones. a couple about the baby but more recently i keep dreaming that one of my dogs gets lost and i am frantic trying to find her!!

I usually get weird dreams anyway, but in pregnancy they are just so much more. And usually horrid. If they are not horrid, then they are the sex ones (which I don't actually mind:rofl:).

Last night was the first time I dreamt of my baby girl, can't remember exactly what, just the impression of her in a bouncy chair in a grotty squat somewhere. Until then it had been horrible things about my two boys. Or my husband being very nasty. I'd only just started being pregnant on my dreams.

It's just hormones and worry and stress.

I think it is very normal. I haven't had one dream about the baby. I have had many many strange dreams, though. Dr. told me it was not at all uncommon to dream of the baby having problems or being sick, or even of hurting the baby. I had to tell him I hadn't had any of these, but a dream of having a blood clot in my leg that turned out to be a tapeworm!LOL
He laughed, too. Many of our sleeping patterns are so messed up right now, we are bound to have vivid dreams. I do hope you can get a peaceful night's rest though! You have had so much on your mind your problems and worries are just slippiing over into your dreams. You deserve a good night of sleep and a pleasant dream, hun!

Tsia. so glad I found this thread as I've been suffering really badly with baby related nightmares!

Only last night I woke up after dreaming that Ronnie Mitchell (of all people - god knows why) was in my house having a very late termination, the baby came out alive and I was trying desperately hard to save it but I didn't know how and it died. Then my labour started and it was really early and I was in such a panic. It was all SO real!

I woke up close to tears. Why do our bodies play such horrible tricks? I guess it's our minds giving us all these 'worst case scenarios' which as a result make us take good care of our babies? Anyone know a psychologist?!

x

Well well well.. look what I just got sent on a "YOURE NOW 24 WEEKS PREGNANT" email update..

What is going on with You?

Now that your heart is pumping for two, it will be working a whole lot harder than before you got pregnant. Don't be alarmed at a higher than normal resting heart rate recorded on your prenatal health record by your doctor. FYI your resting heart rate increases by about 10 beats per minute during pregnancy.

What is going on with your Head?

You may find yourself worrying in excess about your baby's well-being, even having spooky dreams. If this is your first child then all sorts of fears and anxieties will be circulating in your head since you are pretty much clueless despite books and advices on the whole pregnancy scene. Don't interpret these dreams to be a sign for bad things to come. These types of fears are common because of overworked minds. Most of the times fears and anxieties are unfounded and you end up having a normal healthy baby.

so that explains it!!

I have dreams where I forget to feed her because I do not know how and she sits lays in her crib and I cant move my arms to pick her up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get soooo scared and wake up in tears :/ I hope yours stop though, no fun to have those!

ive had alsorts of dreams aswell uknow, i dreamt i had a girl and she was dressed in the boys clothes ive got and we kept the same name and everything :rofl:
in 1st tri i had awful dreams that i was telling people i had mc again :cry:

i was same with my first pregnancy but they didnt bother me, im someone who likes horror films etc etc
ive been getting them already in this pregnancy haha

Tsia. so glad I found this thread as I've been suffering really badly with baby related nightmares!

Only last night I woke up after dreaming that Ronnie Mitchell (of all people - god knows why) was in my house having a very late termination, the baby came out alive and I was trying desperately hard to save it but I didn't know how and it died. Then my labour started and it was really early and I was in such a panic. It was all SO real!
x

Both you and I need to quit Eastenders, its Archie who tries to kill me in mine!!!!

I've had dreams so vivid for the last few months it's horrible. Lots of anxiety dreams.

x

Both you and I need to quit Eastenders, its Archie who tries to kill me in mine!!!!

haha.. and I was gonna watch the omnibus today- but dont think I will bother now! lol.:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->