Horrific Dreams

Gwen77

Reaction score
I'm currently 6wks. 3 days pregnant and I've been having the most horrific dreams. Has anyone else encountered these?? Night terrors and weird dreams are very common for me, but last night took the cake (warning, it's very disturbing).

Early in the morning I dreamt that Neil Young passed away and I was part of the Funeral Procession. But the Funeral Procession left the house without me and I just started to wail in tears. Weird. But that's not the weirdest dream I had last night:

So... This past April a friend of mine passed away suddenly at the age of 27. She left behind a little boy (around my sons age) and a husband. A truly tragic thing to happen. Anyways, last night I dreamt that we were at her funeral (again) in the church. Her casket was open and her husband put a red rose in her open casket and then sat back down. Suddenly, I saw her ROLL OVER in her casket and get up on her elbows and look around. Her eyes were grey/blue, and her face looked bruised (rigor mortis). I turned to my husband and said: "Are you seeing this?? Look at Maria!!" My dream ended and I woke up with my husband trying to calm me down. I couldn't get back to sleep after that.

Any dream interpreters out there? Or have you had a similar experience? I'm very used to having disturbing dreams, but I can't seem to shake this one.

when you dream of people dieing, even if they are still alive, it means you are saying goodbye to those things you used to hold on to (it could be a person or the people who are dieing are representing a thing or hobby) and you're losing connection with them.

dreams like this sprout when someone you know or yourself is having major changes in life and you're making arrangements to make room for those changes. my boyfriend's best friend was crying because he had a dream my boyfriend got killed. he called him early in the morning waking us both... i felt so sad for his best friend as we're all young adults but my boyfriend had been distant with his best friend A LOT. his best probably felt he was getting his part in his life erased.

I don't know about dream analysis but I definitely have the horrific dreams sometimes.

Last week I had a horrible, upsetting dream about accidentally killing my dog (he's my first 'baby'). The images were awful, I woke up crying and woke up my DH. I spent the entire next day feeling spooked and really upset when I thought about it. I'd get flashbacks too. Anyway, it's completely normal to have crazy and sometimes horrible dreams. I can't stand the vividness of the dreams - even when the dreams are just silly, it's still really intense.

I don't have a sure-fire suggestions about how to shake a bad dream off but talking about it and reminding myself it was a DREAM helps somewhat. I think I'm worried about my dog feeling neglected once the baby comes. He and I do so much fun stuff together and it's going to be difficult to do all those things now. :(

I'm 7/8 weeks pregnant and have been having some weird, scary dreams.
A few nights ago I dreamt that I found the inside of my house covered in blood, like seeping out of the walls, coming out of the couch cushions, etc. Very disturbing. I was frantically searching around my blood soaked house for my husband and couldn't find him. I woke up terrified! :nope:

I had a strange dream last night too, but it wasn't scary. I dreamt my husband and I were attending this event where cats and dogs walk on tightropes???? So weird, lol! :haha:

I've been having terrible dreams also. I used to get night terrors when I was little and they went away during my adolescent years for the most part, but since I became pregnant, I've gotten them back. Usually I can't breathe or run or see in my dream when I'm running from something. I never really see what's chasing me, only that I know if it catches me, I'm going to die. My husband says I cry and twitch in my sleep a lot now and usually ends up waking me up.
I think our hormones are just so out of whack that it messes with our brain a little bit during those vulnerable sleeping hours.
I was told they go away or at least die down in the second trimester. I really hope so. GL ladies.

Having crazy/vivid/scary dreams is super common all throughout your pregnancy. The increase in hormones in your body causes crazy changes, and dreams are definitely part of that. Even when you were trying to get pregnant, it can still be a scary/anxiety provocing time for lots of women (ESPECIALLY first time moms). It will bring a lot of weird stuff to the surface. I personally hate this aspect as it effects me BIG time, and did in my last pregnancy too. Just another fun thing to deal with! Sometimes they are hard to shake, especially when they are so personal. Sorry you're having a hard time. :hugs:

Thanks ladies. I didn't realize this was so common!

I just had vivid dreams, none so scary! That must be upsetting.

I had the occasional vivid sex dream about ex boyfriends :nope: :haha:

They've faded later in the first tri, I can't remember the last time I had the vivid dream

I had horrible dreams my entire pregnancy x.x Every single night, I relieved my mom's death in excruciating detail from the first time I saw her in hospice to a wild drive at 6 am to the hospice and finding out she had suffocated to her funeral. It was awful x.x I think it was because my mom was on my mind, the fact that she would never meet my little boy. Towards the end, I started reading until I passed out and having those other thoughts on my mind really helped keep away the nightmare (well, dim it down).

I'm having hideous nightmares including brutally murdering someone who is dream attacking me, dead children and messed up exes ;( it's horrible, so glad I'm not the only one, I'm not a violent person and I'm thinking about these dreams all day, I dread going to sleep at night :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->