horse fallen on my 6 yr old

loz

Reaction score
hannah went to my mums stables tonight to ride her pony pearl, she was leading my mum when pearl slipped on some mud and hannah fell off and pearl landed ontop of her and i think she has stood on her, she is at hospital with my dad with a huge bruise on her hip and swolen finders/arm. i dont know if she has broken anything yet but omg im so scared off her going on her pony again now

would u let your child back on?

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 24
I'd definitely let her ride again. In fact, I'd make her once she was all healed up!
:hugs: It must be really scary but I'm sure she's fine, other than a bit battered and bruised xxxx

i have just asked her if she wants to ride again and she said yes so i think i will, i suppose with all sports u can injure yourself

My niece has had lots of injurys from horseriding. I think the best thing is to stick her back on. Otherwise she'll lose her confidence. Its just one of those things.

My pony trampled me in the stable once, and i never went near her again, wish i had now though cos i miss going to the stables now. My niece does it for me instead :haha: Im terrified of the things now and i hate it. Just wait till shes healed up :hugs: xxx

i have had loads injuries off horses, u just get on with it. diff when its ur baby tho :-(

Yeah i would, i've had loads of injuries off horses and my mum has always made me get back into it. I miss riding now im pregnany and can't wait to get back into it. It will build her confidence getting back into the saddle, especially if she said she wants to ride again. It'll make her a stronger rider too. I know your scared cause she's your little girl but she'll be fine :)

awww bless her!! i def think its best she gets back on thought, otherwise she might not overcome the fear that its going to happen again!! Hard when its ur lil baby tho isnt it :( Hope she feels better soon <3

Definitely let her back on!

I rode since I could walk (even before lol) and had some pretty nasty falls in the years since ..but never broke anything - just bruises!

I know its hard when its your LO - but if she enjoys then it would be worse to stop her doing it.

yeah i would, I broke my ankle but its best to get back to riding again, I think, psychologically anyway.

well i have always been told if you fall off get straight back on or you will get scared and keep putting it off, she has said she doesnt want to go back to the place it happened but will go where it is dry, think she was more upset at getting covered head to toe in mud, her clothes are ruined

If she wants to ride again I dont see why not. Accidents happen.. Poor girl! It looks painful though. x

omg poor thing! :hugs: not sure if I would let her get back on, if she wants to then let her. When I worked at the dentist a 15 year old girl had to have major cosmetic work on all of her front teeth cause a horse kicked her in the face, she was a mess & lost all her teeth :nope: the dentist said they get some awful injurys from horses. Hope she is better asap x

Don't worry, she's gonna be okay. I once had similar situation when I was jumping with my horse and he got stuck in the hurdle. We made somersault and landed me on the ground and he on me. But we were lucky, nothing happened to us, I just catched him and we continued our practise.

Believe me, your little girl is also that lucky, even luckier than me - she had to lie under a pony, I had a horse on me :hugs:

if ya fall you gotta get right back up! that was alwaysss the moto I was taught when I rode.

Same motto I grew up with. And I had a horse fall on me when I was older but I got back on and was none the worse for it. Kids are pretty resilient, I'm sure Hannah will be fine, I would certainly let her ride if she wants to. Horses and bruises go hand in hand but all sports can give you that I think.Just make sure she wears a helmet before getting on any pony or horse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->