Hospital Bag :D

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Jadeyydoe, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Jadeyydoe

Jadeyydoe Guest

Have you started yours yet?
    What are you putting in yours?
    I found some cheap disposable breifs, maternity towels and breast pads in tesco yesterday along with some cheapy big pajamas for £5 :D
    I'm getting mine done asap as I have a feeling my baby is going to be prem (I know not a nice thing to think but I just feel it :( )
    Anyway I can't think of anything I really NEED.
    I'm just mainly aiming for the important stuff for the time being :)
    Any ideas?

2. jess_smurf

jess_smurf Angel Kristian & Olivia

wouldnt bother with disposable knickers they are awful i just got a pack of cheap ones much more comfortable

nursing bra's
    soap
    toothbrush and tooth paste
    shampoo
    brush
    hair bands
    slippers
    vest tops
    more pj bottoms
    nightie to give birth in with button down top to feed
    deodrant
    flannel
    towels
    maternity pads atleast 4 packs
    going home outfit for you
    camera
    mp3 player
    food and drink

baby

vests x6
    sleepsuits x6
    pack nappies
    pack of cotton wool
    scratch mittens
    hat
    bibs x 6
    blanket
    car seat
    going home outfit for baby

i always add extra if your going to be staying longer especially if you think baby will be early you will in for a while

i've probably missed loads just off top of my head

3. ilovecocopops

ilovecocopops Well-Known Member

You are far too organized! i dont think i will do mine till im about 34 weeks. Just seeing a bag sitting there waiting would make me uneasy. I guess i will just pack what i would if i was staying at someones house for a weekend. Oh and obviously things for the baby :haha: I can always get the OH or my mum to fetch more if i need it. x

Im not going to bother with those plastic pants either. Primark must do a pack of granny pants for about £2 im sure.

Oh and also, Do we really need those big maternity panty pads? What about night time sanitary towels? They are HUGE but no way near as thick.

4. Shady_R

Shady_R Mum of 3 boys and 1 girl

That sounds about right from hat I can remember I packed with the others......I never had a bag ready for me with my yongest lol only had his bag, but then when I got to the hospital I didnt have anything, so Corryn was in a baby hospital gown which was so cute too till oh managed to get home and back again lol......I am hoping for a home birth this time, so wont really be packing for ages yet, but will pack a bag just in case I gotta go in.......If you do forget something the hospital will help you out so dont panic too much.....Mothercare also have a checklist on their site I think but def on their little catalogues and they give you a list of everything including what you need in the house for them.......

5. jess_smurf

jess_smurf Angel Kristian & Olivia

you must use maternity pads or the big thick ones at first as normal sanitry towels just wont be big enough to absorb the blood loss, after a few weeks can start to use normal towels again x

6. xpatchx

xpatchx Wife, Mummy and pregnant!

You're like me. I was thinking about all that at your stage too. I had to be taken into hospital about 8 months ago cause I had a problem with my tummy and I wasn't expecting to stay in...and I had NOTHING. Hated trying to let OH know where everything was to bring it in. MP3 player, jeans, pyjama's. I ended up with next to nothing and was there for 3 nights!

I'll be packing everything soon though.

Our best bet is to wander round in the January sales and get some knickers, pyjama's, button nighties. There'll be loads!

Hope you're okay x

7. Jadeyydoe

Jadeyydoe Guest

ahh the january sales!
    I keep forgetting about them :D:D:D:D

8. broodylocket

broodylocket Well-Known Member

i cant wait to pack my bag, i will do it once i reach 3rd tri then i will be calm and reaonable with what to bring hopefully :rofl:

9. baybee123

baybee123 Pregnant - 3rd Trimester

I was like you planned on packing it really early, got bits an bobs together jus incase iv only just finally started packing it haha.. I still keep unpacking and packing especially lil ones bag keeep putting different clothes in then taking them out and adding something new haha.. Best of just making a neat little pile like i did of all the basics and necessary things ul need just incase you do have to go in early so then you dont keep packing and unpacking like myself haha :thumbup: xx

10. xbabybumpx

xbabybumpx Well-Known Member

i cant bring myself to even think about that yet! it would make it too real! lol. im fully aware that im pregnant, its just im in denial about giving birth:haha:

11. littlegoth666

littlegoth666 Well-Known Member

im to scaired to pack to be honest

12. ellie27

ellie27 Well-Known Member

You are so organised!! :thumbup:

I am actually very organised too-got pram/nursery set etc - the hospital bag is the last thing to be done!

Most hospitals provide maternity pads/nappies/cotton wool/baby toiletries - so I will not be bothering with any of that - we have enough to take as it is!!

Also remember that most hospitals only provide you with a tiny unit at side of bed which can hardly fit much in it so do watch what you take - your OH can bring up another bag for you the next day - just make sure you have it packed as he will not have a clue what to bring!!

I plan doing the bag tomorrow -both friends recently had babies at 35 and 36wks so I said I would have mine ready for 35wks - I am now 36+....:flower:

13. Akira

Akira Guest

Ive organized the baby's bag, sorta. I keep changing my mind when I buy new clothes haha.

Plan to do mine in Feb, I'll be 7 months so its still a bit early but it will just stress me out knowing that if she does decide to make an early appearance (god I hope not!) I'm organized.

Although that will probably just jinx me and I'll go overdue haha

14. WhosThatGirl

WhosThatGirl Mommy of 4 amazing kids!

I will probably end up in the hospital on bedrest prior to delivery like last time, so I need to get my bag packed soon just in case. I will pack more then I would if I was just going in for a delivery. My hospital provides everything you need before/after birth such as all pads and underpants and stuff. I am more concerned about comfort items in case I end up in there for weeks on bedrest. The things I enjoyed the most or wished I had the most when I was there on bedrest during my last pregnancy were my laptop, cell phone charger, my own pillows, and my own blankets. Also my own pj pants and tank tops. When you are in there for weeks you get really sick of hospital blankets, flat pillows, and gowns!! But if only for a night or two its bearable :)

If i get lucky enough to not end up on bedrest in hospital this time around, and only have to go to have the baby, I will bring my own pillow, my own blanket (for after delivery i just like my own soft blanket but ill use theirs for during delivery), my camera, cell phone, charger, laptop, makeup, hair brush, toothbrush, shampoo and conditioner, and a going home outfit for baby and his carseat. The hospital provides everytihng else we need and sends us home with extras on top of that (diapers, pads, ect) so I won't be bringing that stuff.

15. lillprutten

lillprutten Guest

I'll pack mine at 35-36 weeks.

16. MiissMuffet

MiissMuffet Well-Known Member

Not going to pack mine until closer to the time. not keen on packing it and then clothes etc smelling all stuffy coz they been in there for months x

17. minichicky

minichicky mummy to isaac

theres a massive sticky about this in 3rd tri

18. Martz

Martz 2 girls, 2 angels & pg! x

I'm hoping to have a home birth this time round so will prib just pack a small 'just in case' bag, closer to the time. i remember panicking with all this sort of thing with my first, i'm greatful that this time round I'm not so worried about everything x

19. mememe84

mememe84 Well-Known Member

Im planning on packing the majority of mine when i am 20 weeks then the clothes can get added later on i will be starting my shopping in jan x x x

20. Natnee

Natnee Mummy to Belle

That's good, in that case I think I will wait til go to 3rd tri then sort all that stuff out then.