Hospital Bag(S)

I

imace

I know there is already a good threat for this, but I just wanted to check I'm not missing anything, and the other thread is sooo long hehe.

Let me know what you think and if I have missed anything out! :thumbup:

FOR ME:
-hospital notes/birth plan
-change for payphone/snacks
-contact list
-mobile
-camera fully charged
-snacks and drinks
-makeup
-baggy shirt for labour
-comfy pj bottoms
-slippers
-socks
-nursing bra (if I even bother to wear one!)
-maternity briefs/cheapy knickers
-lip balm
-breast pads
-SUPER absorbant pads
-nipple cream
-feminie wipes (toilet paper might be a little harsh)
-toiletries (toothbrush/paste, showergel, shampoo/conditioner, deoderant)
-towel
-hairbrush/bands/clips
-antibacterial hand gel

FOR BABY
-car seat
-blanket
-snowsuit
-sleepsuit x3
-vests x3
-hat x2
-scratch mittens x2
-nappies
-wipes
-muslin
-sudocrem
-nappy sacks
-dummies

Good call on the wipes, I will add wet wipes to my list

Oh and just a suggestion. other girls have suggested a change of clothes and toiletries for your OH (if he is the birthing partner) it is because if you have a long labour he will most likely need a shower and change of clothes as well as he will be a bit of a mess and with pictures you wouldnt want him sweaty and dirty.

Oh and just a suggestion. other girls have suggested a change of clothes and toiletries for your OH (if he is the birthing partner) it is because if you have a long labour he will most likely need a shower and change of clothes as well as he will be a bit of a mess and with pictures you wouldnt want him sweaty and dirty.

I was going to add them, but 1.)they wouldn't fit and 2.)we aren't far from hospital so he can just pop home to changed.

But good idea on the spare clothes, so many people pack and forget the birth partner! :dohh:

IveRIve just had a look at my list, and the only extras I have is my phone charger (my iPhone dies after a couple of hours!), a pillow (I was admitted for a week a while ago, and OH had to bring 1 in for me, the hospitals was sooo uncomfy!), spare contact lenses/glasses (if you need them), and a dressing gown.

I wasn't really gonna take a dressing gown, but from bein admitted n seein all the women waddling around, I'd like to be able to cover myself!! Someone said to me after the indignity of labour, the first thing she did was put on her PJs and dressing gown, she wanted to be as covered as possible!!

What about breath freshener? It's common to be sick when giving birth and it will help to get the sick taste out of your mouth. Make sure that you drinks either have sports lids or come with straws. Make sure that the memory card is in the camera.

cotton wool for babies bum as mw advise not to use wipes to begin with

Oh and some squash/cordial!! After spending 5 days in there I got soooo fed up with water or tea!!

I'm taking a small bottle with squash in for the day or so I'm in there after.

Dressing gown - I don't have one, but I will have my pjs so should be ok.
Cotton wool - I do have it, just forgot to put it, and the wipes are more for me hehehe! (Much cheaper than facewipes AND they get waterproof makeup off!!)
Squash - SUCH a good idea! Must add that to my list! All they had was tea or coffee last time.
Breath freshener - Also, VERY good idea. I get sick easily so some mints might be a good idea! Noone wants to give me a kiss to congrats and smell puke ewwwww.

Thankyou ladies, helpful as always!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->