Hospital bag

Babydance

Reaction score
Hey

Cant believe im starting to think about what to have in my hospital bag?!! :happydance:
When did you guys start packing?

Here's what i have so far;

Hospital Bags

Labour Bag

Nighty and black vest top
Boiled Sweeties/ snacks/ Drinks
Anti Bacterial wipes & Sprays
Birth Plan
Hospital Notes
Bio Oil
Socks
Underwear
Lip Balm
TENS Machine
Laptop or Netbook and Friends DVD's + CD's
Hair bands and bobbles
Tissues

For Hubby (in same Bag)

Fresh T-Shirt
Socks and Pants
MP3 Player
Lots of Change
Magazines

After Labour Short Stay

Toiletries (including hubbys and baby wipes)
Dark Hand Towel x 2
Jogging Suit and vest top
Trainers
Breast Pads
Night Time Sanitary Pads or maternity pads
Big Pantsx 4
Socks
Spare Change
List of Numbers
Nursing Bra
Nappy Bags
Make Up

After Labour Long Stay/over night stay (Keep in Car)

As above also
Pants x 5
Nighty and PJ's
Slippers
Ear Plugs
MP3 Player
Snacks
Phone Charger
V Pillow
2 Babygrows
2 Vests

For Baby (If short Stay)

Babygrow (coming Home outfit)
Baby Vest
Nappies
Jacket
Dummies
Cotton Wool Balls
Bibs

Looks like you ahve thougth of everything. I packed my bag at 34 weeks. You might want to think about packing more baby clothes thought. You dont know how long there going to be there for. Also I have packed 2 baby blankets for the trip home. I packed some magazine to keep me occupied.

But you def have everything lese prepared!! wd xx

lol it may look like im about to move in hehe I think when i'm packing my bag i'll not be able to choose what clothes to take for her so will end up with too much hehe
The hospital im going to do like to get you out asap and if not i'm going to be using the "Get home early" plan, hate hospitals!! lol xxx

i started packing at week 33 i bag for both of us, just necessities really for me, clothes and bits for her and clothes and pads for me and energy snacks. i dont have long now!

Mine as been back 5 wks but only due to going into prem labour :hugs:

Ive not done this yet i might start at about 30 weeks

i packed mine last week (36wk) and that was only because s-i-l came round and packed it for me! neither of us had a clue what or how much to pack so had to phone her cousin!
the cousin had said sandwell like to keep you in to make sure everything is ok, so take loads of stuff including baby toiletries and towel, as they taught her how to bathe baby and all sorts. im hoping it'll be in and out so re-packed the bags bit lighter, with extra bag in car if it is longer stay.
i did have choice of 2 hospitals and told the other hospital is more of an in-out style, but ive heard too meny people with bad experiances there (although not labour ward).

Babydance, you put me to shame... you have thought of everything...All I have done is buy some disposable knickers and breast pads cause they were on special offer and I thought 'oh I'll need them!':rofl:

I know I am being cheeky but would you mind if I used your list for myself?

Tara
xx

Babydance, you put me to shame... you have thought of everything...All I have done is buy some disposable knickers and breast pads cause they were on special offer and I thought 'oh I'll need them!':rofl:

I know I am being cheeky but would you mind if I used your list for myself?

Tara
xx

hehe no problem hunny, steal away!! Oh i've got my toiletries list too i'll show you (mind i have the day off work today and have spent the last 3 hours writing lists lol DH rang me and said i'll need a list for my lists! :blush: )

Toiletries Bag

Deoderant for DH and Me
Baby Powder
Baby Wipes
Bio Oil
Toothbrushes and Toothpaste
Mouthwash to freshen up
Sanitary Towels
Breast Pads
Shampoo
Soap
Anti Bac Wipes and hand foam
Make up Bag
Hair Scent
Body Lotion
Hair Bands and Bobbles
Hair Brush

Thanks Hun,

I'll show you my list...

Tara's List
Copy Babydances list
Take Babydances list to shops
Purchase all things from Babydances list
Job done!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks again

:hugs:

Tara
xx

ive got most of mine packed - but theres still a few bits and bobs that need adding - ie socks, more pants, nighty... and im sure ill think of some more stuff thats needed!

Thanks Hun,

I'll show you my list...

Tara's List
Copy Babydances list
Job done!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks again

Tara
xx

Hehe pleased i could help hun! :D hehehe :rofl::rofl:
I am a listaholic at the moment! Let me know if you spot anything i've missed! xx

Think I'll put OH on list cause knowing me and my pregnancy brain... I'll remember everything on the list and forget to take him!!!:rofl:

xx

How far on are you babydance? I don't have a thing organised yet apart from half a list and keep remembering more and thinking I can't possibly need all that! I will be in for a few days afterwards because of Strep B so plenty nightshirts and babygrows in my bag!!!

I think I'll probably pack at about 34/35 weeks which is better than with my first as my waters broke a week early and was running around mad trying to get organised!!

I'm 29 weeks and very bored lol! I've not packed yet leaving that till im on maternity leave to give me something to do lol im going on leave at 30 weeks but DH comes home for leave then too so i'll spend time with him and start packing around 33 weeks. It's starting to (Kinda) hit me just now that im actually having a baby! xx

I've been getting stuff together but only recently started packing it into my bags. I'm sure I'll forget something........I always do xx

I'm 29 weeks and very bored lol! I've not packed yet leaving that till im on maternity leave to give me something to do lol im going on leave at 30 weeks but DH comes home for leave then too so i'll spend time with him and start packing around 33 weeks. It's starting to (Kinda) hit me just now that im actually having a baby! xx

Yeah I know how you feel! Doesn't seem that long ago I was 10 weeks pregnant now I only have that to go!!

Thanks Hun,

I'll show you my list...

Tara's List
Copy Babydances list
Job done!!

Thanks again

Tara
xx

LOL... My sentiments exactly. I still haven't even begun to pack my bag yet!

Yeah I know how you feel! Doesn't seem that long ago I was 10 weeks pregnant now I only have that to go!!

I know thats what i was thinking!! Since 22 weeks it's flown in!! I have 11 weeks to go! I managed to keep the pregnancy a secret for 13 weeks so this last 11 weeks should be a breeze.. right? ...pah! :rofl: lol Im convinced i'll go at 36 weeks though so if i dont those 4/5 weeks will be SO long!! lol xx

I am still to have a proper think about packing my bag(s). I am 36 wks tomorrow; but think I will leave it until I see my MW on Weds and ask how how much I should bring. In the paperwork I have seen it says there is limited luggage space, so no point trailing all these bags with me to have nowhere to keep them.

I think I will be using my wee suitcase on wheels, as someone recommended neither H or I would want to lug a big bag around once/or if we have to move rooms.

Cx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"