Hospital Bag

charlieworld

Reaction score
Hi,

I know it's early (I'm 23weeks) but I've already started playing "pack bags for hospital".

Anyone got a good list of things to include?

Here is my list - I wrote this before I was pregnant. Planning a homebirth but still packing a full bag for me & baby!

FOR ME:
Maternity Notes
Pillow
Nighty x 2 – birth
Pyjamas x 2 – after birth
Light weight dressing gown (MAYBE)
Socks x 5
Black knickers x 20
Disposable knickers x 5 pack (MAYBE)
Nursing bra x 2
Slippers
Flip Flops
Maternity Pads x 20 (up to 40)
(reusable cloth) Breast Pads x 10
Joggers & Tops (or maxi dress)
Small bin liners for dirty items

Shampoo (mini)
Conditioner (mini)
Shower Gel (mini)
Shower Scrunchie/Flannel
Towels (DARK COLOUR) x 2
Deodorant
Body Lotion
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Lipsil / Vaseline
Nipple cream
Anti-bacterial gel
Hairbrush
Hair Bands
Make-up & Make-up wipes
Contact Lenses & Glasses
Pocket Tissues x 2 packs
Paracetamol
Hairdryer (MAYBE)
Instant Ice Packs/Cooling gel

Mobile Phone & Charger
Camera & Charger
MP3 Player, Headphones & Mini Speaker
Book & Magazine
Telephone Numbers
Money

Small cool bag – inside big bag
Snacks (sarnies / crisps / chocs)
Sweets
Frozen water bottles x 3
Lucozade Drinks/Juice Cartons

FOR BABY:
Car Seat
Blanket

Baby Vests (1 - tiny, 2 - newborn)
Baby Sleepsuit (1 - tiny, 3 – newborn)
Scratch Mittens x 2 pairs
Socks x 2 pairs
Booties x 1
Hat x 2
Leaving hospital outfit

Newborn nappies x 27 ( 1 pack)
Newborn wipes
Cotton wool balls
Nail clippers/scissors
Nappy bags
Muslins x 5
Bibs x 2
Sudocream
Folding Changing mat
Teddy / Blankie

JUST IN CASE
Ready to drink Infant Milk
Ready to use Infant teats

I'm single so no need for any FOB items - but you'll need something for him as well if he is present.

As well as pyjamas for after birth, take a nightie, just in case you have to have a c section for whatever reason and need a catheter in!! A lot of hospitals won't allow hair dryers/straighteners as they're not pat tested, so check with your hospital. Big knickers, again, in case of c section, the bigger the better!! I think I kept my list from last time, need to dig it out!! At my 28 week midwife appointment I got given a list of 'essential' things to pack and what my hospital supplied (not much!!) x

There's a thread about it in third tri at the top. Lots of good tips :)

Oh and this is the list I used when giving birth to my daughter.
https://www.hipp.co.uk/uploads/documents/expert advice/pregnancy/hipp-baby-checklist.pdf

as im haveing a planned c section this time ill know what i need, with dd i didnt plan for a csection so when i had one my mom bless her had to get more stuff for me as i was in a whole week, but you watch ill be better prepared and they will send me home early lol

Bring wash items you want for the baby - at my hospital they washed DS and I was so happy I had soaps and lotions I wanted for him.

Bring slippers for yourself.

Snacks

Reusable water bottle

Ginger ale (or change for the vending machines). I had a planned c section and the first thing I drank after fasting for more than 12 hours and the operation was ginger ale. Best thing I have ever tasted!!

Bring loose comfy clothes for going home.

A few cute and comfy outfits for the baby. Bring two or three (different sizes).

Video camera - make sure you film the baby shortly after birth. Those beautiful moments go by so fast and unfortunately, you quickly forget them.

regular camera - take lots of pictures!

Hair ties/clips/brush/tooth brush/tooth paste/wash cloth/shampoo and conditioner/soap - all the regular toiletries you need.

Nail clippers - your nails were nice and long during pregnancy, but not good for holding baby!

Also, pack like you may have a c section. You never know! But also don't over pack. We brought so much crap that we never even used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->