Hospital bag..

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
Sorry for crashing, I shouldn't be here yet! I figured this was the best place to post my question, I hope you ladies don't mind. :)

I was just wondering, how many babygrows/vests should I put in my hospital bag? I have a cute little outfit that I want to bring her home in, but I know that she'll obviously need clothes whilst we're there. I can't remember how much I packed with my first, it all seems so long ago now!

Tia. :flower:

There's a post a few threads down with this topic.

I would say pack nothing but a coming home outfit but from what I've read the hospitals in the UK are different then ours here that provide daily one onesies and swaddles.
I guess I'd just pack a few NB and a few 0-3m just in case :)

This is my first so I haven't really got the best idea on what to pack but I have been told to pack an outfit for the baby to go home in but also to pack an outfit to dress the baby in after you giving birth.
It all depends how long you are in hospital for as I know some hospital like to send women home as soon as possible so you might just need a going home outfit.

I have packed 2xvest and 2xsleepsuits they are different sizes for after birth and then I have packed 2 going home outfits. If I do have to stay in longer then I will get my partner or parents to bring some extra clothes in as I didn't want to over pack my bag even though it is hard not to lol

How about socks, snacks, maybe an ipad if you need to keep busy? Change of clothes for yourself? Diapers?

Me:

Maternity notes and birth plan
Old night shirt
Old towel x 2
Pyjamas or nightshirt x 2
Nursing bra x 2
Socks x 2
V Pillow
Maternity pads x 1 box
Knickers x 1 pack
Breast pads x 1 box
Light dressing gown
Slippers
Loose comfortable tops x 2
Loose trousers
Cardigan/jacket
Shoes/Trainers
High energy snacks
Water
Camera
Phone charger

Toiletries:
Shampoo
Conditioner
Shower gel
Deodorant
Cleanser
Toner
Moisturiser
Cotton wool pads
Make-up
Mirror
Tissues
Face cloth
Towel
Hair bands
Hair brush
Lip balm
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Water spray

Baby:

Bodysuits x 2
Sleepsuits x 2
Light cardigan
Scratch mittens x 2
Hat x 2
Cotton wool
Wipes
Nappies
Nappy sacks
Nappy rash cream
Blanket x 2
Muslin squares x 4
Going home outfit
Snowsuit
Car seat
Formula x 3
Bottles x 3
Dummies x 2

For Dad:
T- shirt
Jumper
Boxers
Socks
Jeans/Jogging bottoms
Trainers
Change for vending machines/car park
Wallet + money
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Deodorant
Face wipes
Shower gel
Face cream

This is the list I had when I had my daughter. I haven't updated/looked at it since then (almost 4 years ago!) but I think i'll pretty much bring the same.

I like to be over prepared than underprepared and my hubby isn't the type to know what I want if I sent him home for things so far better to pack anything I might need myself!

👆🏻I love this list 👆🏻 I think you have covered all bases. I may have to steal!

Probably forgotten a few things but can't think of anything I didn't pack last time that I ended up needing.

That's pretty much the same as my list, except I'll be taking at least 5 each of vests and babygro's - what with potential (or inevitable!) vomit/poo accidents, I want to have enough to know I'm not going to run out. Partners can stay overnight at my hospital so I know OH really won't want to go home to get more things!

Only other things I've got on my list are a plastic bag to put dirty washing in, a present for my twin boys from the baby (for when they come to the hospital to meet him), and a couple of boxes of chocolates/biscuits to give to staff as we leave so that OH doesn't have to be entrusted to go out and choose them on his own while I'm still in hospital, lol!!

Thanks everyone. I've made a list of everything else I'll need for me and baby, I just wasn't sure how many sleepsuits and vests to pack! :) I think I'll take 3 of each, just to be safe.. Then the going home outfit. X

I'm in Australia & you usually only stay 1 or 2 nights providing everything is going well. From memory I think I packed:

1pack nappies
4 onesie outfits
pack of baby wipes
1 sleeping bag/swaddle
2 beanies
mittens

and for myself:
toiletries shampoo/conditioner/moisturiser etc
1 pack maternity pads
3 or 4 comfortable outfits
maternity bras
10 pack underwear
breast pads
nipple cream

That's all I can remember?

Change for the phone/internet/tv things if needed, poor DH is being left to fend for himself. Be careful with sprays etc as its best to have non scented to help with bonding :/.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->