Hospital bag!!

Tam

Mum of 2 - PG with No.3
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I am getting ready to think about packing my bag within the next month, so I have copied the list from a few months ago which we made.......

Have any of you packed your hospital bag yet?

What sort of things have you, or are you thinking of putting in it?

If you can make suggestions, I will add it to this thread so we can make some form of list.....

Here are some we have already thought of..............

Items for our Hospital Bag

For Mum

1 ) 2 Nightshirts and 1 OLD one for labour
2 ) Dressing gown
3 ) slippers
4 ) Sleeping mask / ear plugs for on the ward
5 ) Wash bag and extra toiletries
6 ) Lots of knickers or a paket of disposable knickers
7 ) Maternity pads
8 ) Nursing Bra's
9 ) Nursing pads
10 ) Nipple Cream
11 ) Change of clothes
12 ) Make-up :oops:

Labour

1 ) Old Nighty
2 ) Tens machine
3 ) Hairband or clips to keep hair off face
4 ) Spray bottle or magicool for hot flushes during labour
5 ) Bedsocks to keep feet warm
6 ) Tissues
7 ) A camera/video camera
8 ) Mars bar or similar for energy
9 ) Lucozade
10 ) Frozen bottle of water so it's cold when you need it

For Baby

1 ) 3 baby grows
2 ) Baby's going home outfit
3 ) 3 vests
4 ) Mittens
5 ) Bibs
6 ) Nappies
7 ) Wipes
8 ) Sudocrem

Extras

1 ) Hot water bottle for after labour cramps
2 ) Jug for when you need a wee (pour whilst weeing.....)

can i just add... loadsa loadsa maternity pads!!!!!!!!! i wore 2 at a time n changed thm like every hr :oops:

List of numbers for DP to phone when lo arrives. Food/nibbles, hospital food is pathetic. Money for phone/mobile to ring DP when you want to go home early.
Towel or two. (Iwas allowed a shower after dd was born as had one in delivery suite (altho was 2 yrs ago). Can't think of anything else at the mo. I am plannig on packing in a few weeks. Have got most of stuff. do need nappies and materenity pads. Will use old nursing bra from dd for now and get measured once lo has arrived.

I know it sounds daft but have a magazine/ puzzle book etc.. if it gets off to a slow start.

I'd take more than 3 vest/ sleepsuits as well
Emily and Jack had a great habit of eith sicking up on them or peeing on them :?

evian water spray,invaluable for calling down your face in labour and good for skin too,lol

i have started to pack too,I am only taking three sleepsuits/vests....hubby can always get more from home if needed..

Bex

I packed mine last time 3 hours before I gave birth and I managed to get everything I needed sorted. Will probably end up leaving it til near the end again as I want a homebirth this time but will still need to pack 'just in case'.

oh another thing i took is anti bacterial wipes :oops: i wiped the toilet with these each time i went! the hospital did provide them but they were all dried up :x !!

only thing i would highly recomend you taking is 1 black bin bag :oops: we ended up with so much stuff comming out fo hospital i ran out of space and had no where for my dirty washing so hospital gave us a clear waste bag :oops: wasnt a pretty site walking out of hospital with a lovely new baby and poopy vests showing in a clear bag :oops: :lol:

weestar21 said:
only thing i would highly recomend you taking is 1 black bin bag :oops: we ended up with so much stuff comming out fo hospital i ran out of space and had no where for my dirty washing so hospital gave us a clear waste bag :oops: wasnt a pretty site walking out of hospital with a lovely new baby and poopy vests showing in a clear bag :oops: :lol:

Thats a really good idea....I bet you get through a fair bit of washing dont you what with knickers and baby clothes lol! I can imagine a clear bag is just a tad embarassing! :oops:

I have 3 bags to take into hozzy, one for me, one for baby and one for OH, I look like im going abroad for a month!

i was only in for 2 nights but all the freebies you get aswell to take home :wink: plus flowers cards gifts ect the bin bags do come in really handy i just needed one for dirty washing, and because babies poop alot when just born its really black like tar and watery it goes everywher so i would take a few extra vests baby grows just incase

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->