Hospital clothes - What to wear for birth etc

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Swanny, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Swanny

Swanny Well-Known Member

I've bought this night dress for labour day and dressing gown for if I need to walk about corridors and then pj's for afterwards for visitors with dressing gown.

I am hoping to get into birthing pool at some point so considering ordering this. I've seen people give birth on the TV in bikini's or t-shirts but I think a baggy t-shirt would annoy me floating around.

What is everyone else wearing?

I don't want to do hospital gown if possible haha.

https://direct.asda.com/george/wome...y-chemise-nightdress/GEM59785,default,pd.html

https://direct.asda.com/george/wome...-touch-dressing-gown/GEM59787,default,pd.html

https://direct.asda.com/george/wome...touch-spotty-pyjamas/GEM59818,default,pd.html

https://www.next.co.uk/shopping/wom...=0#130-779&bct="Maternity Swimsuit"

2. camerashy

camerashy Well-Known Member

ok im planning on staying at home for as long as poss like i did on dd2 (arrived at hosp at 9cm and went straight to deliver suite....didnt go near the labour ward ) so ive packed a cheap nitie for when giving birth ( although it happened so quickly last time they just left me in my bikini top + vest top), ive also packed a light dressing gown (as does get very! hot in the hosp) and 2 sets of jammys ( vest top/lounge trouser style).....am only planning on staying one nite but thought id throw another pair of jammys in , just incase :) oh and dont forget your slippers + flip flops for if u want a shower hun :)

hope this helps

3. helen1234

helen1234 Well-Known Member

Anything dark really id suggest, i'm having water birth so taking bikini top, couple of vests/tankini tops, and a slip beach type dress strapless not too flowing something like this i can slip off as i get in the water,
    https://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/swimwear/30/2

a light dressing gown that will dry easy after a shower or getting out the pool.

i like to keep dignity in labour some women want to get naked

4. Kitten596

Kitten596 Well-Known Member

I've bought 2 primark Jersey cami/nightdress for £6 (not sure what you call them) but similar to the brown dotty one from Asda. I bought a light dressing gown for walking about and a couple of cheap bras and strappy vests also from Primark for the pool!

5. allyk

allyk Mummy to DD, Preg with #2

i've just bought some cheap £6 nightshirts from matalan, i do not want a waterbirth so will hopefully be ok with them, although i didnt think about them getting erm messy during the birth maybe i need to go buy another!!!:blush:

6. Aunty E

Aunty E Mummy to Mog and Teddy

I'm going in wearing the t shirt I wore to give birth to Mog in - it was ideal until I had to get gowned up for theatre. I'll wear a jersey nursing bra underneath and if I get in a pool (they only have one, so not very likely) I'll just keep the bra on.

7. hels08

hels08 mum of 2 gorgeous girls

im taking my bikini top for if the birthing pool is empty and one of OH's old tshirts if not, it can just be thrown away if it gets too messed up. packed 2 nightshirts for after the birth x

8. SmileyShazza

SmileyShazza I'm a mum!

Ooooh Swanny I like the Asda pyjamas and robe :thumbup: although wish they were black rather than grey.

I've got a pair of black pyjama bottoms which are like lounge pants that I brought from Primark ages ago that are so comfy I really want something like those. We don't have a Primark where I live so am considering taking a trip to one nearby so I can see if I can get another couple of pairs as I seem to live in them around the house at the moment. I'd definitely like a pair or two for the birth/after the birth as they are loose, comfy and black. I would probably team them with a vest top or button up T shirt whilst in the hospital.

I was thinking of getting a couple of nightshirts from Matalan for the birth, ones that button up at the front. I don't want anything too fancy as it's bound to get mucky so am just thinking I'll get something that I can chuck away afterwards so the cheaper the better really.