Hospital Distance

MishC

Has a little princess!!
Reaction score
How far away do you live from the hospital you will be going to when your due to go in labour?

For me it is 80 miles away which will take about an hour and 30 minutes

About 30 miles for me, takes about 40 mins on a good day and 1hr on a busy day!

I'm just a few miles away so should take 15mins in normal traffic... but this is London, so if it's busy then it could be a different story!

I'm staying at my parents house in Middlesbrough but my hospital is in Leeds. I'm starting to think it may be a bad idea.

Ive just changed from my local hospital to one futher away as went there before with my other pregnancys its about 45min drive from my house, will you have someone to take you to hospital hun? xx

2-3 min. by car/5-10 min by walking :happydance:
No traffic impact.

Ive just changed from my local hospital to one futher away as went there before with my other pregnancys its about 45min drive from my house, will you have someone to take you to hospital hun? xx

I'm not to sure it depends on whether my dad is home or not. If he's not home i have a car but my mother seems to think i won't be able to drive when the contractions start.

My brother lives in Leeds so i could go to his house but i don't know exactly when it's going to happen.

I live about 10 miles away from hospital so takes about 15mins the only problem being before i can go i have to drop the other kids at my mums as she doesn't drive so that adds about 40 mins onto the time so all in all it will take me about 50mins-1hour.

We're about 30 mins by car if the traffic is clear, but longer if it's rush hour etc. Hopefully it'll be 4am (or the weekend) and not 8:00am!!!

Hey MishC is there anyway that you could possibly transfer your details to a more local hospital? as you say you never know when its going to happen and how long you'll be in labor for, could be a couple of hours or over 24! driving might not be the best idea when having contractions etc during that 1 1/2 journey it could be go from slow to birth! infact i was having a chat with some of my girlfriends over the weekend and she said that one of her friends had planned a home birth but after hours and hours baby refused to come, an ambulence was called and she gave birth in that! from the movements when they were travelling down the road! any hospital should infact let you in if you are in labor, luckily you have time on your hands to maybe research and go and visit the local hospitals?

Mine is 52 miles away, but if decided that my baby needs surgery right after birth then its 132miles oh dear!!!!!!!!!! Think i am getting a c section so should be easy enough lol

They moved maternity services away from my local hospital so it was 10 mins but now a 40-60 depending on traffic.

I reckon if in doubt get an ambulance!!

When I was having my first baby it was the petrol strike so all the neighbours kept a tank full in case I needed a ride on B-day - nice eh?

The hospital is about a 15 min drive away from our house.

Thats got me thinking though for all u girls that live like an hours drive away do u think the hospital will let use stay if say u are only 1 cm dilated? It would just be a bit of a nightmare if they didnt!! (sorry dont mean to panic anyone :blush: )

Mine is 10min walk or 2min in car. Guess I'm lucky!

Mine is a 15-minute walk or 5 minutes in the car, depending on traffic (could be less at 2am or more during the day).

We're probably going to call a taxi though because parking is terrible at the hospital, at least it's unpredictable (and expensive), and I don't want my OH to be stressing about it. The hospital is one of the few high street hospitals left, so there's no room to be building big car parks.

About 7/8 miles, but you can only get there by and A road which is always busy, ill be hoping to go into labour during the night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->