Hospital monitoring [+ 35 wk scan pics]

Ria_Rose

Mum to JJ & expecting #2
Reaction score
OK, so on the brightside I can now drive to the hospital in my sleep.

Some of you may have seen the previous post I made, where he decided to bearly move for 2 days, so I had to go to the day clinic at the hospital - typically as soon as I was hooked up he gave the equipment a huge kick - scared the life out of me! Had to go back the next day as well as they like to test 24 hours apart. No problems with his movements but they thought my fundal height was measuring a bit small (not surprised as everyone says how small I look), and they thought it best to re-scan me. Also checking his heart and kidneys after my last hospital had had to scan me at 32 weeks to see if they had improved (which they had) but best that they check for their own records.

OH couldn;t amke it - the first scan he couldn't come to :( So I took my Mum instead. She's baby mad and got very excitable and ended up crying :blush: We got some good pics:

https://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/Rianna_reo/35weeks01.jpg https://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/Rianna_reo/35weeks02.jpg https://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll2/Rianna_reo/35weeks03.jpg

He looks like he's sleeping (the nose got cut off by the equipment but he did have a nose) and we checked and he is a boy - although could only see one testicle as he was holding his bits!! Rude boy.

They ploted his HC (head circumfrence) and his AC (abdominal cavity) on a graph and compared to his measurements at 32 weeks and although both are within 'normal parameters' his chest development has slowed down a lot in the last 3 weeks. So now I have to go back to the day clinic for monitoring twice in the next few weeks for more intense monitoring - they said they want to check my amniotic fluid levels, not sure how they will do that without scanning - have images of them draining them all out and then measuring them - but I doubt that's what they have in mind. lol.

I have an other consultant appointment on Halloween, and he said if the mesurements hadn't caught up they might as well 'start me off' - which I believe is a very causal way of asying they'll induce me early. Bit worried as I heard that induced labours hurt more and drag out longer. So might start the overdue regine now.

Wonderful pictures!! Glad they're taking good care of you babes.

sounds like they are really on the ball hun, glad you're getting good care. Pics are great!

Hope it all goes well when you go back. Great pic's. x

Great pics!!! I was induced with my last one and labour was quick, 1hr 45mins from 3cm so don't worry not all are long labours....... Glad they're keeping a close eye on you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->