Hospital tour

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Sarah24, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Sarah24

Sarah24 Mummy to Finley

Everyone doing this or have done it already?? I'm wondering whether it's essential as I've left it a bit late : /

2. BoBo

BoBo Mummy to 2. 14mths apart

I'm going of Friday when I'll be nearly 37 weeks. MW already asked me where I wanted to give birth though so I told her, even though I haven't actually been to see it yet!

3. roomaloo

roomaloo TTC no. 2

I keep forgetting to phone up and make the appointment.

4. Pocketmonster

Pocketmonster Well-Known Member

I'm going next week!

I know where I want to go but that will depend on me being low risk at 36 weeks....but I do want to go and have a nosey just to be sure...

Our NCT lady said you should try and go and have a look if for your DH/OH's benefit so when the time comes he is clear where he is going and feels comfortable with the journey. Obviously if this isn't your first then probably not such a benefit!!

x x

5. shellie

shellie Well-Known Member

I never had one last time and I havent had one this time. I didnt really feel like I'd missed out on anything important last time, although some people would feel more compfortable knowing what to expect it didnt really bother me. xxx

6. Sarah24

Sarah24 Mummy to Finley

Thanks ladies : )

7. Shortcake01

Shortcake01 Well-Known Member

I went as was trying to decide between 2 birthing centres but ended up loving the first so much I didn't bother with the other. For me it was worth it and got me really excited rather than worried xxx

8. Belle25

Belle25 Guest

We are probably going to do our tour next week-unless she arrives.

Its not something you need to do, but it may help you familiarise yourself with it all.
    xx

9. ttcnewbie123

ttcnewbie123 Well-Known Member

I didn't go, I had it booked for when I was about 36 weeks but was ill at the time and they didn't have any other slots available before my due date. I'm not that fussed to be honest but then me and hubby are pretty laid back and kinda figured I'm sure we'll figure out where to go and what to do!x

10. missmayhem

missmayhem Mummy to 2 little cuties

i cannot have one as they are refurbishing the unit so first time i will see the unit is when i am in labour......

not over pleased about it but their in no other way

11. MissSazra

MissSazra Well-Known Member

I just got back from mine. Was worried I'd end up going in for real before I got to take the tour! I found it really useful, especially for things like where to go when you check in, (but then I didn't know the hospital prior to the visit).

12. sam1984

sam1984 Well-Known Member

have been told they do not do tours at my hospital anymore because of mrsa. really not happy as we did the tour last time and found it really useful but have changed hospitals so not sure where to go

13. abour

abour Well-Known Member

I went to mine last week ..
    I found it useful and found out about the hospitals policy and what they offer in l&d and in the ward.

14. Msocwife

Msocwife Pregnant with #1

We did ours a few weeks ago since our Dr delivers at two hospitals, so we had to choose which one we wanted. It helped a lot to see them both and the atmospheres so we knew which would be better for us

15. 5-a-side

5-a-side Well-Known Member

We're having one next week, although I had dd1/2 at the hospital it has been updated and OH hasnt been there so for me its to have a nosey at the newer parts and for OH to know where to go.

I dont feel that they are essential, but are handy for locating things and for having a more settled idea about the environment you'll be going to.

16. Katie.2011

Katie.2011 Mummy to baby bean

Me and oh arnt going to one,the hospitals further away than my local one and oh cant really get time off just to look around the hospital,im sure we will find it all when it comes too it lol x

17. chobette

chobette Mom to 2

We wanted to go for one, our hospital/birthing center is HUGE. The problem is the only days they do it won't work for us with college courses and husband's work schedule Huge bummer, had we done it, we would have done it within the next couple weeks ... 32 weeks.

18. DebzD

DebzD Mummy of 2 lovely girlies

We didn't go with DD and we aren't bothering this time either (different hospital).
    I didn't really see the point tbh, as long as we know where the way in is!!

19. Bella51

Bella51 Member

theyve stopped doing tours at my local hospital labour ward so you cant see it until youre in labour! really rubbish!!

20. luz

luz Well-Known Member

I had one and it was kind of lame. Here's the delivery rooms, here's the recovery rooms. Any questions?