Hospital

mommyaug09

Mommy to gorgeous Samet
Reaction score
How long do you have to stay in hospital with your first baby if everything is ok? I really dont like hospitals.

well I guess it depends what country your from but if your from England you can go home after about 6 hours if you have had an AM or early afternoon delivery, if you delivered late though, they prefer you to go home in the morning.

I dislike them too, hence wanting a home waterbirth! You thought about a homebirth? X

that depends on where u are delivering... if you have your own room or are in a birthing centre ur partner is usually allowed to stay with you, however if your in a main hospital on a ward (like postnatal wards) your partner is not due to lack of privacy and respect of other women.

I dislike them too, hence wanting a home waterbirth! You thought about a homebirth? X

I have thought about it but was put off by hubby and mother as we live so far from the hospital and if anything were to go wrong its just not worth it.

Think it is different depending on where you live. In Oxford you stay in 36-48 hours after delivery with your first.

Think it's 24 hours - I'm really hoping I wont have to stay overnight! I know it's probably too much to ask for though but I would like to think I'd be home same day/next day! I know hubby wont like it if he has to leave me at the hospital but he will have to look after the pupster!

as long as there are no complications you can leave within a few hrs of birth here, OH's are NOT allowed to stay if you have to.

It depends on a few things like how you and baby are, feeding, traumatic birth etc. I think with an epidural you stay in 24+ hours cos you can't get around for awhile and have a cathitar in.

Everybodies diff!

My SIL had her first baby in october last year. she had to be induced. she stayed for just over 24 hours before she was allowed home. they just have to check that the baby is feeding properly - so has been able to latch on if breast feeding - and they also have had to do a helath check on both and then were allowed to go.
I dont like the idea of being in hosptial for long and the midwife basically said i'd be allowed to go as soon as they were happy that me and baby were happy!
ask your midwife on the next appointment if it is really worrying you.

hi! i had my son at lunchtime sat and was home for lunch the next day-i think it all depends on your birth and each hospital has its own regulations.
ask your MW the next time you see her-just remember that its totally different than being on a normal ward-its normally a very happy place and you'll be looking at your new baby so much that the time will fly by!
:hug:

Wow, you guys are lucky. I live in the states and if you have a vaginal birth you usually stay 2 days and if you have a c-section you usually stay 3 days. When I had Aiden, I was admitted into the hospital on Friday night, my son was delivered early Saturday morning, and I didn't get to leave until Monday afternoon.

Im in Glasgow and Ive heard the norm here is 24 hours if the baby is ur first! I HATE staying over in hospitals but I guess if its necessary then we'll jst need to do it! At least ul have ur wee one for company!! :D

Im not sure on this one but if all goes well with mine im hoping to leave the hospital asap xxx

i was told at our antinatal class yesterday as long as all is fine you can come home as soon as 6 hours after birth :D yay xxx

I hate hospitals too. I hope it's not long over here !!

With my first i was home within 5 hours and with my second i was home within 8 hours as she was born in the middle of the night and i had o wait for a doctor to check her over before we could leave. I hate hospitals anyway and i found that trying to sleep was impossible as if your baby isn't crying someone elses is i went home and went straight to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->