hospital

hmm ive just checked and it looks like in my hospital all of the delivery rooms and after birth recovery rooms are all single ensuites!!

lookin good lol

xxx

How did you all find that out lol ... i need to get investigating!!

i just typed in the hospital name on google and went to facilities or something, it took me a while to find like but just have a dig

xxx

I have an information book that the hospital gave me. I never bothered to read it before

my best friend had her baby at 10:30pm he stayed till she went up on ward then he kipped in the car till 7am then went back to the ward
x

ill just leave after delivery if thats the case, balls 2 going on the ward!!

I tried that but wasn't allowed, i could only leave after so many hours on a ward and then after a Doc had done the rounds and discharged us :(

surely the cant tell u wat 2 do!!!!!!!!!! if u have a homebirth its not as if the doc comes 2 your house is it. ill just walk out they can go f+++ themselves. i only want 2 give birth in hospital incase of complications during delivery. not 2 be a prisoner or alone :hissy:

I dont mean to sound awful and ive not given birth before never mind been in hospital for any length of time , but imagine how you would feel if they let your partner stay then they have to let everyone elses stay, so there would be a load of men walking round in maternity ward when us ladies are feeling not our best. I think its best to stay for a while after giving birth, you and baby may feel fine for a while but something could creep up a bit later on. Its not a life sentance, i dont think 6 hours is all that long really!

i was in the birthing suite the other day having tests done, and the rooms there were ensuite, however, these are the rooms you give birth in, they move you afterwards to a big ward with all the other moms. i got excited at the thought of having my own room but unfortunately its only short lived.
xx i will prob bribe them with money to let me stay in there lol!

Sooo happy for you you found out they have a birthing center Sparkswillfly hun :) .
And single ensuits sounds good princessellie hun they normally have a fold out chair OH can stay on :) .
I do know our old maternity hospital use to be a ward then your own room then back to the ward . Iam so fortunate and happy we now get the ensuit room all the way through .
I do undertsand some points and why hospitals use the wards and send partners home etc , But i would hate if my OH missed the hearing tests the bounty pictures first bath etc .
I hope all hospitals update to own rooms soon for you ladies , I know understand why many women choose a home birth.xx.

I had absolutely no idea that in other places the husbands aren't allowed to stay! I'm really in shock. I couldn't imagine being alone. The hospital I'm having this baby at has couches that pull out for husband's to sleep on.

https://babyexpert.drfoster.co.uk/birth/

Someone put that link on here a while ago (thanks whoever it was!). If you put your hospital in and then click on 'facilities' on the left hand side it lets you know if your partner can stay with you after birth or not (it does on mine anyway). Not sure how it works though, it says mine can but that there are wards with 22 beds on?! Maybe they can if you're luck enough to get one of the 8 rooms they have instead?!

Amenity (single en-suite) rooms in Craigavon (the hospital I'll have the pleasure of visiting) £35/night.... I wanna get myself one of those so hubby can stay after the birth....

at my hospital you can pay for a single en-suite for £20 a night so think ill be doing that

https://babyexpert.drfoster.co.uk/birth/

Someone put that link on here a while ago (thanks whoever it was!). If you put your hospital in and then click on 'facilities' on the left hand side it lets you know if your partner can stay with you after birth or not (it does on mine anyway). Not sure how it works though, it says mine can but that there are wards with 22 beds on?! Maybe they can if you're luck enough to get one of the 8 rooms they have instead?!

this is a really good site, my hospital says this:

Princess of Wales Hospital, BridgendConsultant Led Unit
Facilities at the unit

More information
Most labour units are made up of an antenatal ward, mainly for women who are in the early stages of labour or who have come in for assessment, a postnatal ward for those who have already given birth, and several labour beds, which are nearly always in single rooms.

Some units will also have amenity rooms that can make your antenatal or postnatal stay more private and comfortable. Where they are available, it may be possible to rent these rooms, or they may be allocated without charge on the basis of clinical need and availability. A few hospitals have single rooms that are used for both delivery and postnatal care, usually called Labour, Delivery, Recovery and Postnatal (LDRP) beds. Many midwife-led units also use beds in single rooms for antenatal care, labour and postnatal care. We have surveyed units to find out how many LDRP rooms are available.

Sometimes you may be required to come into the antenatal ward as labour approaches - if for example your waters have broken. Often women would like their partners to be able to stay with them if this happens but many units do not allow this, which can be distressing, but ensures that the ward is women-only during the night.

Maternity units are increasingly keen to dispense with the intimidating environment of a traditional labour ward and offer a greater range of birthing options such as home-from-home rooms complete with comfortable furniture and tea-making facilities. Water birth is an established alternative to the labour bed, and though many units now offer this service, not all midwives are trained in water births and this service may not be available.

* How many labour wards/ rooms are there:: 6

* Number of beds in each labour ward/room: 6

* How many postnatal wards/rooms are there: 27
two 6 bedded bays plus 3 single rooms and an overflow 6 bedder for ante/postnatal beds

* Number of beds in each postnatal wards/rooms: 27

* Number of LDRP rooms: (Single rooms used for delivery and postnatal care) : 0

* Number of single rooms available for women to recover following birth: 3

Facilities in LRPD or single rooms

More information

* Use a private bath/shower attached to their room (en suite): In some rooms

* Use a private toilet attached to their room (en suite): In some rooms

* Have bean bags, pillows and mats provided in their room: In no rooms

Amenity Rooms

More information

* Do women have to pay to have a room they do not have to share: No

Facility for women’s partners to stay in the same room with them

More information

* Before they go into labour: Yes
if side room available they can stay

* When they are in labour: Yes

* After the birth: Yes
if they are in a side room

Security Measures available

More information

* Ankle bands for the baby: No

* Cot alarms: Yes

* CCTV: Yes

* Restricted access: Yes

* Additional measures: No

close
More information on shared units

Shared midwife and consultant units: This is the traditional hospital-based maternity unit staffed with doctors and midwives which account for the vast majority of births in the UK. These units have consultant obstetricians on staff and are able to deal with both complex and straightforward pregnancies and deliveries. Many will offer a choice of being under the supervision of a doctor or a midwife, although if there are complications you will almost certainly be put under the care of a doctor. These units are capable of carrying out all medical interventions in childbirth and can offer a full anaesthetic service, including epidurals.

Midwife-led units: These maternity units do not have consultants working in them and offer services for women who show no signs of having any difficulty giving birth naturally. Most of them are staffed entirely by midwives although in a few GPs with training in obstetrics also provide care.

By and large these units offer a very different style of care compared with consultant units. In general there are no anaesthetists to administer epidurals and no surgeons to perform caesarean sections. Interventions are very limited. Midwife-led units can provide an environment in which women are given support to give birth without medical intervention or high levels of drugs for pain relief. However, if you do get into difficulties at one of these units, you would be quickly transferred to a large hospital.

also I have decided I dont want to go to a closer hospital as there is no doctors avail able and limited equipment should there be complications

Mine just says it has 22 beds and 22 cots for postnatal support, it dont say if any are seperate or they all together though.
It says i can book in for a tour though so may do that.

i has that info from the left hand side under facitities

Here in Canada, they are allowed to stay with you from the moment you walk in, to the moment your discharged with baby. However, after delivering my son, my hubby went home to bed (MUST BE NICE! No hard feelings at all! ;) ) and the second night as well. On the third night, i was a wreck because I thought i was going to be discharged and wasnt, and he finally spent the night! LOL

ill just leave after delivery if thats the case, balls 2 going on the ward!!

I tried that but wasn't allowed, i could only leave after so many hours on a ward and then after a Doc had done the rounds and discharged us :(

surely the cant tell u wat 2 do!!!!!!!!!! if u have a homebirth its not as if the doc comes 2 your house is it. ill just walk out they can go f+++ themselves. i only want 2 give birth in hospital incase of complications during delivery. not 2 be a prisoner or alone :hissy:

I don't think they will allow you to discharge baby before the 6 hrs? If you do have complications of any kind during the birth, baby may be required to stay for longer too. My ds had meconium in teh waters and was required to stay in for 24 hrs. Its not as bad as you think. If you give birth during the night and your dh has to go, everyone is asleep etc anyway and you will be resting, probably not sleeping though, because you will be way too busy admiring your gorgeous new lo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->