Hot baths dangerous to pregnancy?

wonderstruck

Reaction score
Is it true that you shouldn't take hot baths when you're pregnant? If so, looks like I'm going to have to find a new way to unwind. This might be my hardest thing to give up next to sushi :sad1:

Honestly...with my son I took a hot bath every day I was working 60 hour weeks up until the week he was born. By the end of the day I was soooo sore I couldn't wait to get in that tub.
I think as a general rule it shouldn't be good enough to turn your skin red. But I took hot baths everyday and probably will this time round as well.

I take and took hot baths! No way am I giving that up

I honestly can't imagine not being able to have them. They are my escape at the end of the day, as silly as it sounds. But obviously I will stop if it poses a risk to my pregnancy/baby. Just wondering how legitimate that concern is.

I read that is shouldn't be over 98 degrees or over an hour long so I just pop a thermometer under the spout. It's not hot, but warm enough to be relaxing.

Love my baths!! I have noticed tho I will get hot or uncomfortable so I get out. If the water isn't boiling I think you should be fine! I wouldn't use any bubbles tho.

Pretty jealous of you ladies! I only have shower at home..but I love a long hot shower!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"