Hot baths

purpledahlia

Mummy
Reaction score
hey, does anyone know if its ok to have long hot baths this early?? I know that you should avoid steam rooms and sauna's etc because fo the heat... is it the same with baths?? xx:hug:

Oh god I want to know this toBefore I got pregnant Iused to have baths so hot I'd give myself heat stroke! I don't have baths to get clean, I have them to relax and if they're not boiling hot, I don't see the point in having them. Apparently it's got to be warm not hot. So I stopped having them completely, haven't had one in months now :( and no that doesn't mean I smell!! xx

aww ok , im the same totally love them roasting not just warm, i gues ill just watch a film and curl up with hot choc instead then!! no point ! hehe thanks! xx

yeah i know! hehe gutted! :( aw well, i dont normally have baths, i prefer showers but i felt like one tongiht, this is the first saturday im staying in and not going clubbing - the start of the rest of my life! :) and really fancied a long HOT bath, but i guess some sweets and a movie will have to do! :) xx

hi :) I posted in a diff thread once about hot baths.. i googled it...its not good for your blood pressure and makes you all queasy etc...this is basically whhat i got:

However, you do need to be cautious about "hot" baths as there is little known about the possible effects on the blood flowing through the placenta or on the baby. If the water is too hot, you could also feel faint or sick, as it could lower your blood pressure a bit too much - not a good thing.

Aww well good luck with giving up clubbing! It's great to see how strong you can be when you have to give something up for someone else. I gave up smoking when I found out I was pregnant,I've had absolutely NO problems with it at all, havn't craved one, haven't wanted one, in fact the idea makes me SICK. Yet before this I tried countless times and failed. So if you're making a sacrifice for someone else it's easy :happydance:

Right now though I feel like giving up HUMANS in general :hissy:

aw katieeee hugs, well done for staying off the tabs,.

i seem to be getting invited to nights out more since i got my :bfp:

i like a hot bath or two aswell and ive still had one or two, i keep the window and door open so it cant get too hot in the bathroom

Its about NOT raising your internal body temperature as it can be dangerous for the baby....but not just super HOT baths but exercise and saunasand stuff too.

A bummer really I LOVE really HOT baths!

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/fitness/overheating/

Oh God me too, it's pretty much the only way I can clear my head and relax. Thing is, I would have a warm one but even then I'd be too scared I'd cause some harm.

Right now I feel like the first thing I'm gonna do when I have ANY time to myself when baby gets here is have a bloody hot bath, with a pint of cold beer in one hand and a plate full of all the foods I've not been allowed to eat for example, BLUE CHEESE. It's my favourite thing ever :cry:

i started off having baths probably just the wrong side of warm -like you I like my baths HOT - hubby says I have absestos skin as he has always has to turn the shower heat down - but as the pregnancy has gone on I've increased the heat bit by bit. The only thing is the last twice I've had pretty hot baths I've ended up being sick when I get out so I think I have to cool them back down a bit now.

well i went to bed without the hot bath in the end.. i got some fizzy vimto and a bottle of cold water and that was all, normally i would crave crisps and chocolate but at the moment food is not my favourite thing, im so thirsty i just cant stop thinking about COLD drinks.. I still have fairly hot showers (and not possible to open window - neighbours ALL around, or open the door as i live in my boss's house and nanny her 3 kids - what a eyesore that would be for them! haha :L:L ) BUT i dont have long showers, pretty speedy but still hot. hope thats ok.. I dont know what i'll crave once the baby comes as i dont even know what i want right now.. i want something.. but not sure what.. :S haha.

OMG i never thought of this!! I never thought that hot baths would be bad for you - hmmm well thats a good thing that i havent had a hot one yet! I live in a really hot and humid climate so its not something that i crave too often, more cold baths i guess! But since ive been pregnant i feel like my body temp is about a bajillion degrees hotter than normal!! Awesome though - will stay away from hot baths! :)

I had this conversation a lot when i was in first tri. There was so much conflicting evidence and all i wanted was a soak!

Turns out its to do with your tempreture going up if you have a hot bath, and they say you should have it warm but not to the extent where its hot.

Like you girls, warm would be pointless for me as I like hot baths, and just because i was being extra extra careful(it never hurts!) I just avoided baths until I was 14 and half weeks, and had showers. Even then they arent hot and i'm barely in for 10-15mins before its cold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->