Hot feet!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Dubibump, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Dubibump

Dubibump 2nd Trimester

Every night when I try to go to sleep my feet feel like they are on fire & its so hard to sleep!
    I have been trying a cold towel with the fan on my feet, but its not really doing very much. Tonight I'm employing a different strategy, a bucket of cold water by the bed.

Anyone have this or any good ideas for me to try? It's driving me CRAZY!

2. Bluewings

Bluewings Blessed Twice

Peppermint cream and leave the fan on. Kind of like breathing in after chewing a mint!

3. Dubibump

Dubibump 2nd Trimester

Great idea thanks!!!

4. Ninagrrl

Ninagrrl Well-Known Member

I've read somewhere that it has to do with your higher blood volume. I've never experienced it myself but it makes sense.

5. Blondie007

Blondie007 Well-Known Member

This has got to be my one of my worst pregnancy side effects !!! It is so frustrating! I went to bed with wet socks on but they dry quickly since my feet are so hot. Ive bought a little spray bottle and filled it with water and spray my feet, it's at least a little relief!

6. Dubibump

Dubibump 2nd Trimester

I was thinking of doing the sock thing myself, but the towel also doesn't stay cool enough for that reason...feet toooo hot!!!! It's so annoying isn't it.

7. mizzyb

mizzyb Well-Known Member

its one of my worst symptoms I cant bear it. I tend to keep applying aloe vera gel to my feet but Im liking the sound of peppermint stuff

8. Bluewings

Bluewings Blessed Twice

I didn't have this for ether of my pregnancies! I apply the peppermint lotion on my fee to help lessen the likelihood of charley horses in my calves and noticed how cool y feet feel when I apply it (we usually have our ceiling fan on at night) and the air from the fan is just as i said... like breathing in after eating a mint! LOL. I use Burt's Bee's peppermint foot cream. No reason why theirs, other than its the only peppermint foot cream I could find.

9. lotuspetals

lotuspetals Well-Known Member

Ok, I think I have to buy this peppermint foot cream. I have the same problem. Drives me crazy!! ..and soaking my feet in cool water only seems to help when they are...in the cool water. :)

10. Mummabee

Mummabee Well-Known Member

Oh thank you so much blue wings! My swollen hot feet keep me up every night it's relentless!!! I can't wait to try this...