Hot Tingly Face?

esther

Mum to Layla born June 09
Reaction score
Hello all,

Since about last night, I noticed that my face has been really warm/hot feeling almost tingly at times as well. My face isn't really red or anything or flushed but I can feel a really tingly hot/warm feeling in my face. I took my oral temp and it has ranged today from 36.5 degrees celcius to 36.9 celcius.

Just wondering if anyone has had this at all, not sure whether to be concerned or not?

Might sound a bit stupid and obvious but have you been in alot of hot sun latley? Because when your pregnant your skin is alot more sensative to heat.
...hormone shift means that the skin becomes more fragile and more susceptible to the effects of sunlight. Due to the immediate increase in hormone levels, precautions should be taken from the very beginning of a pregnancy...
If not then I cant be much help and all I can suggest is, see how it is over the next day or two and if no improvements then to contact your doctor or midwife
X

I noticed it last night before I went to bed. I haven't really been exposed to the sun that much, and my oral temp is fine, just found it a little unusual that I had this weird hot tingly sensation in my face last night and all day today. I am hoping it is just attributed to the increase of blood volume, but then again not sure if I should be feeling hot at this stage of my pregnancy???

Thanks for your suggestion though, I will try and keep out of the sun in the meantime x

It could just be a rise in body temp. From conception your body temp will rise slightly.

you a lot more sensive to chemicals too, so you can have allergic reactions to face creams and such.

If your temperature is normal and your face isn't red then infection is unlikely - and Brisbane is certainly warmer than the UK at this time of year but shouldn't be uncomfortably warm! Any unusual foods or medications or changes in your perfume/fabric softener etc? You've not been bitten by anything? If you have tingling in your lips or tongue or problems breathing then seek medical help as it might be a sign of an allergic reaction. Feeling hot and tingly can be a sign of nerve problems although it would be unusual to have it over the whole face. It may just be an increased skin sensitivity to sensation due to hormones. If you're worried, your doc can examine you and put your mind at rest :hug:

Hey all, thanks for your input. Haven't been using anything on my skin and there is no rash. I think I am putting it down to increased blood flow. As I have had similar things in the past when using a cream to stimulate blood flow before using the solarium and tanning. There is no rash, no swelling and no redness just the warm tingly sensation and it has actually subsided now which is good - but I will definitely be mentioning it to the doctor at my next appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->