House move at 8 months

FunkyVine

Mum to be!
Reaction score
Hi I'm just throwing this one out there as we need help making up our minds :wacko: My hubby and I have seen a house we like, we can go ahead with the process of selling ours and getting finance together, however it would involve moving in the middle of January. I'm due second week of February, but I'm worried if the baby might come along early. Also I won't be any help with house moving at 8 months pregnant (potentially in the snow). New house will be chaotic too for a while no doubt. Has anyone moved so near to the birth of their (first) baby. Would it be best to stay where we feel comfortable until the baby is safely here? Help, I can't decide! :thumbup:

I think if it was me I would move before rather than after baby was born. My MIL moved during! She went into labour and was kept in hospital for a week and when she came out went into the new house. I moved recently and the removal men were great and you will have to put up with not being much help but at least then it's done and you don't have to worry about moving with a newborn.

We moved 3 weeks ago, and it's been absolutely fine. My husband has just put boxes where they need to go and I've done little bits to help with unpacking as and when I can. We only have a couple of boxes left to unpack, and I feel completely ready for the baby now.

I thought it would be best to do it whilst I was still pregnant, as I have the nursery sorted out again and ready, and I haven't had to worry about having the baby here whilst we try and sort everything out.

As long as you make sure you don't overdo anything and don't let yourself get too stressed by the process (although I might have had one or two hissy fits! lol) it should be fine. My mum was worried it would send me into early labour, but 3 days to go and baby is still well and truly not budging!

Good luck with your choice! Xx

im waiting on the keys to my new house. and i got 4 half weeks to goo! im so nervous but my hubby is doing everything while i just un pack things :) xx

I moved house at 8 months and decorated the nursery. Even though i knew baby could come early (which he didnt) it wasnt that big of a deal i knew we would just adjust and if the nursery wasnt finished in time then no big deal. It honestly made the last few weeks fly in as i had so much to do.. if ur working u could arrange for ur mat leave to start then u have every day to dedicate to getting the house organised. good luck xx

I wish i'd moved at 8 months, would have made the days go quicker and the time fly! The end of pregnancy is such an awful drag!

We're relocating when baby is here, eek! But would have rather had done it these past few weeks, would have managed no problem.

i moved house 3days before i had my daughter. we didnt have removals everthing we done on are own. we moved in on the friday and i was booked in for a c section on the monday. it wasnt too bad, i stayed in hospital for 3days and when i came out my hubby had the house all ready :) the only room wasnt ready was babies room but that didnt matter to me as she was in the same room as me for a while any way. it will prob be harder moving after with having a little 1 too look after

hi yes i think alot of us are in the same boat by the looks of it, im 30 weeks not as far on as alot of you and we are moving next week, im sure there wont be snow or bad weather ( see orignal post ) rain yes!, if its the right house go for it all you can do is supply cakes and teas for the workers!:thumbup:

I moved house last week, all I can suggest is preparing plenty in advance. We left everything so last minute that I was exhausted for days. Come moving day we still hadnt packed everything, was just lucky I had a couple of friends who came to the rescue at the last minute.

it sucks to move pregnant, but it is SO much harder moving with a newborn. I greatly recommend moving before!!! good luck and congrats

We just moved across the country 3 weeks ago. It's a lot of work but it is possible. I'm not working anymore so it's allowed me to unpack slowly. I make a goal everyday to complete something such as do the nursery, unpack our clothes into our walk in closet, organize the kitchen, etc. My mom has also been a huge help so that's made it easier. In basically 3 weeks and having to help my mom with my baby shower, and then prepare for my MILs shower, I've managed to basically unpack the whole house. I'm just about done :)

I moved just recently at 28 weeks, and I am waiting on my new house to be ready.. I've been told 8th Dec so depending on when I can get carpets fitted I'm probably going to be 38 weeks when I move :dohh: xx

im moving house next month and im due in january. i'll be unpaking whilst husband does the leg work lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->