Housewives or SAHM...

EElse

Reaction score
Hi there!!

I just thought to start a thread for all the housewives and Stay-At-Home-Mothers so that we can share ideas of how to keep from obsessing about symptoms and to keep busy - as if we're not busy enough! :haha:

At the moment, I am a housewife hoping and praying for our first little one (5dpo). My DH is a boilermaker (welder) and works from 06:00am until 15:00pm.

I am quite active in our church so the evenings are always busy and Tuesdays (today), I have to open up the church for the cleaning lady, supervise her and then return home. Today I have an excuse for why I'm not supervising... I'm baking!

I am busy with a three day process of baking mosbolletjies - a traditional South African soft rusk which you can also dry out to make mosbeskuit - Rusks. In addition to that, I'm also making gemmerbier (ginger beer), a one to two day process.

Keeping busy is the only way that I can keep from obsessing about every single twinge going through my body.

Good luck to everyone and may we all soon get our :bfp:!

While I'm not quite in tww (CD14 today, should ovulate today or tomorrow), I had to comment here to follow this thread lol.

I'm a SAHM to a 1 year old. He's not walking yet, so there's still not a lot to do with him, but we do make it out to the park or for walks on good days. We also attend music class, which occupies our Mondays! Other than that, all I have is visiting my one friend (who has 1 year old twins), cooking, and cleaning. So ideas would very much be appreciated lol.

I wish I have a church, we haven't lived here for very long and it's so hard to find a new one!

Good luck to you!

Hi DaTucker! :hi:

And hi to your adorable little one as well. Thanks for commenting!

I also love music (play three instruments myself) but that can only keep me busy for so long. lol

Having the church so close by is a blessing - I walk there when I go during the day (like opening up for the cleaning lady) but my DH doesn't like it if I walk in the evenings. Most of the time he goes with me and then we take the car (only DH has a car), so it isn't really a problem, only when he's ill or the church meeting doesn't concern him will he stay at home and I can take the car - but I prefer walking.

I also walk to the local groceries about once a week, just to get out a bit.

On Wednesdays and Thursdays I usually play bowls but this week I can't because we have a gardener coming to remove some thorny bushes and someone needs to be at home.

I also love playing computer games but only when the mood strikes. I absolutely love reading, every day, all day some times...

Thank you and good luck to you as well! :hugs:

I also love reading! Too much, sometimes lol. Unfortunately, having an extremely active one year old means I barely have a chance to grab a shower every day, much less read a decent book!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->