housework motivation? don't want to turn into hoarder....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by smashley, Jan 28, 2011.

1. smashley

smashley 1st bun in the oven

I feel fat, lazy, and miserable, and my house looks like an episode of Hoarders. Any tips to get me off my bum and get this house clean and in order before baby arrives?

2. stellababy

stellababy Well-Known Member

love that show! it just motivates me to start cleaning the house after i am done watching it :)) maybe you could try one little thing at a time? like today my goal is just to do laundry and i am almost done!

3. booker1981

booker1981 Expecting # 2

Im so glad im not the only one. I was looking forward to the nesing period kicking in (had this very strongly with my first) but it just hasnt happened this time and my house is in a right state and baby will be here so soon.

Sorry i am of no help but will be watching this thread!

4. smashley

I could try that. I'd feel a lot better if just the bathroom was clean. lol

5. smashley

I've been waiting for the nesting to kick in, too. I wonder if nesting happens to everyone?

6. Ang3l

Ang3l Pregnant after loss

I get days like this all the time. I really have this big urge to clean and tidy everywhere properly too, its just getting the energy to do it. Some days I have a burst of energy though so I do my tidying and make the most of it when I feel like that lol. :)

7. Babushka99

Babushka99 Well-Known Member

Take a photo of the house looking messy and put it as your desktop photo and screen saver so every time you procrastinate on the laptop you will feel motivated lol or write a checklist for the day. Once you start you will find you won't need a list anyway your nesting instinct will just kick in. I've gone a bit obsessive with the cleaning and need to relax so I have the opposite problem!

8. Minnie_me

Minnie_me Well-Known Member

Nope, I manage to keep the place looking respectable but am disappointed that, to date, the major urge to spring clean has not arrived. :wacko:

9. smashley

Well, I'm having a can of Pepsi for a little boost. Then I'm going to go clean something and come back and see if any more tips are here. I might as well start now.

10. Babushka99

Babushka99 Well-Known Member

:dishes::laundry::iron::hangwashing::mail::shower::crib: Sending nesting vibes!

11. smashley

lol they all look so happy

12. vicky.uk

vicky.uk Well-Known Member

lol this is a fab topic, i get up every morning and look around and think omg you really need to sort this place out it looks like a bomb has gone off, so i say rite when i get back from the school run im going to get stuck in and sort it all out, what happens when i get in....i have my toast and cup of tea and end up glued to the sofa in front of this morning watching Gino D'Acampo cook naked lol, before i know it, its time to go to school again and the kids just come home and do a little bit more trashing lol

13. booker1981

booker1981 Expecting # 2

You have just decribed exactly what my days are like!!

14. smashley

well I just cleaned the bathroom and now I have a rash on my arm. Either from the cleaner or the mold I just scrubbed. ew

15. Thumper

Thumper Well-Known Member

I have turned into a right housewife! Normally my OH does the washing up, ALL of it. Our house isn't very tidy ever but suddenly I got the urge to clean everything! Nesting well and truely kicked in around 30 weeks. Today we bought paint and I'm looking and plants for the garden and I've done the washing up EVERY day AND cleaned the kitchen everyday. :dishes: Totally unlike me! It's good though as I've stopped working now so I'd be totally bored otherwise :)
    Even so, I set myself little goals especially as I get so tired so quickly. And write lists, that way I get to cross things off as I've done them (I love lists!!! Geek)

16. spring_baby

spring_baby <a href="http://pregnancy

lol I know how you feel but with 3 teenagers if i didnt make the effort then nothing would get done, not that I am the woman i was a few months ago have definately slowed down:(
    but hey I am tired and bending is difficult so i take everything at a slower pace and have my kids pitch in more, sure they moan but they do as they are asked, oh does what he can but he works 14hr days and get two days hardly ever together off a week and rarely a weekend..boy if i feel like this at 27 weeks what am i going to be like at 35:)

17. smashley

I've been thinking about getting one of those grabber sticks with a pinchy thing on the end so I don't have to bend over. lol

18. vicky.uk

vicky.uk Well-Known Member

iv been in a lot of pain when bending, do you mean in your backs or front down below?, mine is at the front causing me problems rite along the line of where ya undies would sit, its like im squasing babys head its agony, and its the same to get up of the sofa the pain i get there

19. smashley

I'm having a lot of pain in the pubic bone in front. Also, my hips pop out of place a lot and it hurts like a mother.

I feel like I'm squishing baby when I bend over, too.

20. kittykittykat

kittykittykat mum to gorgous son

i cant wait to get stuck in my house cleaning up and getting it nice. i have builders in at the mo fitting new kitchen and bathroom, and my living room is being decorated. so its like a work site at the moment and driving me mad! should be done middle of next week. just hope baby dont make an early appearence cuz wont be able to stay here