• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Housing Benefit

NotSoWorried

Reaction score
Hiya;

Me & OH have just put down a deposit on a house for rent. We know we're entitled to pretty much the full rent of benefit.

But, just wondering whether we have to tell the estate agent or landlord that we're on the benefits, or whether we just pay it into the account the rent'll come out of. So?

Thankyou x

Depends, do you need to give references? If not there is no real reason as you ge thte benefits paid straight to you, if they ask though, dont lie x

with our landlord basically we pay then the £450 a month and then the council pay that amount back into my bank account Housing Benefit wise. Some landlords prefer you to sort HB out with the council and some landlords prefer to do all the Housing Benefite details with the council themselves.

:hugs:

I'm not stalking you!!!!

I get H/B and I have told my landlord simply so I can pay him whenever I get it in the bank but the council always told me I did not need to say anything unless it was going direct to them.They do this now as people were struggling to get accomodation on H/B so now it's discretional.So basically if they don't ask then don't say!

I like to be stalked :)

Thankyou for all your replies.

I think we'll just keep quiet. We'll have two accounts set up, so the rent'll go from the wage one and then it'll be paid back in.

How about with income support? Tbh, I know hardly anything about benefits.

You need to notify Income Support but you don't need to tell any1 you recieve it x

Lovely jubley!

That's really reassured me. I was so scared they'd of rejected us if they found out.

Phew!

At the end of the day if the rent is paid then they don't need to bother you for anything and it's your personal buisness.Do you ask the landlord how much he earns?No so he shouldn't ask you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"