housing problem YET AGAIN so annoyed!!

staycutee

mummy
Reaction score
omg the council are a joke! i am so upset at the moment I can't believe it.

I've posted before regarding my housing problem (will be homeless in 2 weeks, nowhere to go). anyway the council told me i am entitled to a scheme where they wil give me £1000 for a deposit for a flat then I can apply for housing benefit.

so here i am viewing loads of flats ,getting a tenancy agreement sorted out but then my housing officer decides to ignore my calls for FOUR WHOLE DAYS, so i lost the flat i was interested in.

I just made a complaint against him, which made him finally get in touch with me and he told me he was wrong, and shouldnt have referred me to this scheme in the first place!! wtf! so now here i am left with nothing, no flat, no deposit and he could have let me know four days ago instead of letting me waste what little money i have on travelling around london to find a flat when he KNEW all along i wasnt entitled to the money!

Im actually fuming!!! he didnt even apologise!

my mum is saying that i should threaten to take this further as he cant just offer me £1000 in writing then take it back because HE made a mistake??

what do u think?

xx

Wish I could help hun, didn't wanna read and run xox

:hugs: hope you get something sorted soon, I'm homeless from tomorrow, tenancy ended on our house, me and OH have split, and he said he ent paying no more rent. So me and 4 kids are buggered and have got to squat til we find somewhere xx

Can't offer any real advice, but have you both been in touch with Shelter? Hopefully they can offer you some practical advice.

https://www.shelter.org.uk/

CAB!!! TAKE THE LETTER!!! u need too go there within a certain time though as there could be deadline dates

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->