• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

How accurate are dollar store tests from your experience?

wonderstruck

Reaction score
Particularly the 'medi care' tests sold at Dollarama. Are they able to predict early pregnancy? The box claims they are over 99% accurate.

https://storage.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1297499120241_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x&stmp=1385948514542

Does it have an insert paper? Usually that will tell you exactly how accurate it is. Like the accuracy % per # of days before af is due. Also the mIU/ml is also very important. If no insert, look on the box and see if you can find the mIU. It's the most important info to know how sensitive it is.

My opinion is that 25 mIU/ml or under is best for early detection.

Hi! I'm not exactly sure of their accuracy in terms of percentage. But I do know they can predict early pregnancy. I got a faint positive at 3weeks 2 days, and have since tested every day with them. I'm 3 weeks 5 days now and take them every morning.

It's been a while since I've posted on this site, but I do have tons of pictures if you're interested... And I can figure out how to upload them lol!

that brand has a sensitivity of 25 miu. So detecting early is really all about how much hcg you have. I didn't get an early positive on them as I didn't hit over 25 until 15-16 dpo, for me that was about 2 days before af was due. At that point I had already got a positive on a FRER and a blood test to confirm.

But when I was testing out my hcg from my mc I did recieve a positive on it so I know they work just fine. And I have never had an evap from them. I don't plan on testing with anything else after af is due. No point in spending all that money when $1.25 will due just fine.

I tested this morning with one and got a BFP! AF isn't due until the 19th.

https://i57.tinypic.com/os4g1j.jpg

Yeah, that's incredibly clear! No denying that at all! :haha: Congrats! :wohoo:

Clear as day! Looks like those really are good early tests! Congrats!

Wow that is definitely positive. Makes me hopeful that I can just use those.

I'm curious what a frer would look like..

I'm curious what a frer would look like..
I envision sparklers popping out with random fireworks. If that baby is THAT positive 3 days prior to AF, I can imagine that a FRER would come with it's own team of pyrotechnics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"