How accurate is gender at 13.3 weeks NT Scan?

BabieMcQueen

Reaction score
I went in for my 1st trimester NT Scan at 13 weeks and 3 days and the ultrasound technician told us we're having a boy. Is she pretty accurate or should we hold off on painting the room blue? Has anyone been told they were having a boy but turns out to be a girl? When is the best time to be certain of the gender of the baby? Thank you all in advance for your help.

Wait. My ob stressed the fact that testicles do not show till 17 weeks. It would be more accurate to say it's a boy because there is sonethig between the legs lol. But wait till 20 weeks for pAinting just to be sure lol

I also think 13 weeks is pretty early. My doctor told me she thought I was having my second son at around 15 weeks but she said she could be wrong because it was very early and she might have been seeing the umbilical cord. She is awesome at reading ultrasounds too! She told me the day before my son was born that he weighed 3460g (a day after the hospital told me he weighed 3800g) and he was born at 3460g!
I know it's hard but try and wait a little bit longer :D

Wait til 20 weeks, my friend was told at her 1st scan she was having a boy started buying bits and told loads of people to be told at her 20 week scan that she was having a girl...

I think its to early to tell. My friend was told at 13w5d that she was aving a boy and they was wrong cus at 20 week scan they said girl and guess wot my lovely friend gave birth 3 days ago to a beautiful little girl

I would hold off until your 20 week scan too :) Im glad you asked this because i was looking into the nub theory and wwas wondering the same thing, i have my scan at 13weeks. I sooo want to know what im having!xx

I found out my first was a boy at 16 1/2 weeks, could see the wee wee... LOL SO it is possible to see early, I just think to make a guess at 13 weeks but take more seriously after 16... Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->