How and When do you tell work?

mummymia

Reaction score
How and when do you plan on telling work?:dohh:
And is anyone else dreading telling?

TIA xxx

In my previous pregnancy I told work when I had too(25weeks I think). I just asked the boss for a chat, it was quite a small shop and everyone was quite friendly. I handed in the forms I had too at the same time. When I told everyone they all said they thought I was just comfortable in my relationship and got fat:haha:

:thumbup: Thanks

When I have been pregnant in the past I wasnt working. I am now dreading telling work for some reason. I dont even feel comfortable asking for Annual leave as I feel I am letting my colleagues etc down for my shifts which will need covering:blush:

Last pregnancy I told my boss at 13 weeks, once I hit the second trimester. I just pulled her aside and told her. She actually guessed before I said the words, haha!

When I was pregnant with DS, I had a private meeting with my then-boss and told him somewhere around 8 weeks. I felt he needed to know why I was needing extra time off (appointments) and why I was running outside for air a lot in the middle of work (strong smells from clients made me sick). He was great about it.

This time, well, I'm almost 12 weeks now and we just announced on FB. I'm friended to most of my current bosses and coworkers on FB, so... now that know. :lol:

Wait until at least 3 months in, I told my employers at 20 weeks for both of mine.

Think it depends on your workplace. For me we lone work for large periods of the day and this isn't allowed if you're pregnant so unfortunately I won't get the luxury of waiting until 12 weeks for safety reasons but if you can I'd definitely wait it out until after your first ultrasound :)

I'm a pet groomer... Lots of lifting involved along with possible bites/scratches/etc. I told them yesterday and I'm only 5w1d. So I guess it depends on your profession.

It depends where you work, but may be important for someone at work to know so they can risk assess your tasks and make adjustments to your duties of necessary. Pregnant women might also get more protection/rights (although unofficially in some workplaces you mat feel discriminated against) - for example where I worked and sick leave I needed would NOT be counted up as part of the usual sickness absence policy, so I wouldn't be put on a warning no matter how many days off I needed to take. I also was entitled to time off for ante-natal appointments etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->