How are the new old FRER?

kmr1763

DH, DS1, DD1, DD2, DS2
Reaction score
Back on the forum after I don't even know how long. So, let's see. I am on CD 32. My cycle length has been varying and shortening each cycle since I got my period back after my third baby. Last one was 36 days. Now, hubby and I are usually pretty careful with relations. But we had unprotected shower sex last week where he pulled out (I know, I know). Today I'm 8 days post sex. The day before yesterday and today I had the scantest bit of pink and slightly brown spotting. At first I was like, YAY period, because I'm going on vacation this weekend and I didn't want it to hit me while on vacay. But the scant spotting (when I say scant I mean nothing ever reached undies, only on paper when wiping) hasn't turned into anything, and I haven't had the scant spotting since yesterday. So I'm naturally FREAKING THE FREAK OUT. I don't want a 4th kid. I've been requesting hubs to get snip, he's not convinced we are done.

So, off to Walmart I go, hoping to get some 88 centers, but they are out so I wind up with five FRER, the straight stick thank goodness. Get home, and even though I know I'm only 8 days post sex, I pee on one with very diluted pee. This produced the faintest of faint lines, not enough to convince me, but enough to definitely not be negative.

So I come to you experts. Are the new straight sticks as reliable as the old straight sticks? Used to be any faint line was positive, but we live in a world where tests produce faint lines even when negative :haha:

I don't believe will catch on camera. But my phone died so I can't try yet. HELP! I'm FREAKING!

Frer can have indent lines but I have always found them reliable even the new ones

I’m in the UK but I think generally frer are considered the best brand in terms of reliability and seem to be pretty accurate :/ I think a line is a line and as you’re at the earliest 8dpo if it is a positive (although I think you should have ovulated about cd 16-18 instead) a faint line sounds about right. Sometimes they do have an indent which can catch the light, so maybe it’s just that. I hope it works out for you! Good luck.

Pretty sure not visible on here. I’m trying to calm down. I’ve had crappy lines on the curved tests. Maybe this is just one of those.

Attachments

• 4EB711DC-FB01-4F8E-819C-FE63D8925276.jpg
    4EB711DC-FB01-4F8E-819C-FE63D8925276.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 122
I haven't used the new ones. But on your picture I'm not seeing anything.

I'm not seeing anything on that test. But my first BFP with this pregnancy was very faint on the new straight FRER. Like almost non existent. I doubted it at first but it got darker each day so definitely wasn't an indent.

My opinion: they are not as good as the original & better than the curved. I think they are not as sensitive as ics. Their progression is inconsistent.

ETA: I can’t see a line on your test in that pic. My first bfp @ 9dpo was super almost not there.

I really don't like then anymore I don't think they're as good as they were but my first line I could see but couldn't pick it up on camera and that was my fmu but by that afternoon about 9 hours later it was visibly a pink line on camera good luck honey!

I can see that and it could be a really good indent, but I would do another one with fmu to be sure

Unfortunately they are awful now. I'll take a new one out of the box and can already see an indent on the test without even using it. Every single one I take has a faint line. This has been going on for months. I wont buy them anymore because it's heartbreaking.

Another squinter with fmu. No progressions I’m thinking indent. Still waiting on period to show though :/ my POASaholic behavior took over yesterday so I only have one frer left. May use tomorrow.

I’m honestly so disappointed in FRERs! Or maybe I’ve just never had a bfp but I’ve seen lots of girls that use them and their lines show up and are unmistakably a bfp! But I agree with the indents! I had soo many and that line looked so good! But still just an indent at the end of the day :( I still love them, I just know now not to get too exited seeing that faint second line just yet. Good luck & FX for you girl <3

They are a pain in the backside for indents. I have had so many and as someone said above, many of them have a visible line there already before you use them. It can be really hard to tell the difference between an indent and an early positive. What I do is take them out, after the timeframe so if anything did appear I would know for certain to ignore it, and look at the back of the strip. Most of mine have had indents, some haven't

Ugh! Who else wastes more money on tests because of squinters just to get more squinters? I'll try to snap a pic of today's FMU. 10 days post sex today, and two days post the end of the weird pink/brown more CM than spotting. It's that weird spotting that worries me more than anything. Haven't had any since, so signs of AF.

Hope you get the result you want <3

Ugh! Who else wastes more money on tests because of squinters just to get more squinters? I'll try to snap a pic of today's FMU. 10 days post sex today, and two days post the end of the weird pink/brown more CM than spotting. It's that weird spotting that worries me more than anything. Haven't had any since, so signs of AF.

I do lol!

It can take easily four or more days from implantation to positive pee stick, if the spotting was IB, worth bearing in mind

I'll probably keep POAS until I get an answer either way, because the addiction is real. Might attempt another Walmart for 88 cent sticks this time, though, because FRER $ racks up quick.

Is FRER much cheaper on Amazon for you? Their price ranges here but sometimes they're about £7 for a double pack

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->