How are you all coping with waiting??

bean85

Reaction score
Hi everyone haven't been in here since having my little boy... I am super broody at the minute!! Have just persuaded Dh to try aswell but unfortunately he has just been made redundant so decided to wait till he finds another job & im really getting sad about having to wait how's everyone else coping??

It's not easy, I think it slowly consumes you! I guess the trick is to stay positive, you're in the best position and as soon as he has another job you can go for it! X

It depends on the day for me, tbh. Some days I'm fine and other days I'm consumed with baby fever!

It's a little bit fortunate that I am the reason we are waiting. I think my husband would be happy to try now, but I'm finishing a PhD and need to wait so as to time the birth for after I finish and after I complete any travel related to my PhD research. I will have to travel long haul next September to December at some point, and then probably again the next May, so we're timing so at the very earliest I would be due in June (if I get pregnant the very first month, which I doubt). I just can't be doing 11 hour flights when I'm about to pop or being stuck overseas and going into labour alone. My daughter was born at 37 weeks, so I expect I may have early ish babies.

So it makes it a little easier to an extent that there is just an absolute date, before which I absolutely can't have another baby. It also means I'm really busy and don't have too much time for thinking about it. I'm also not a particularly broody person. I wasn't really broody with my first. We just decided it was a good time so we did it. I'm a bit more so this time, just because I love the idea of having another that I could be as bonded to as I am my daughter (I get it now! Before I had her, I didn't quite get how I'd feel so I didn't feel like I was missing anything). But even this time, we're mostly having another when we do because the timing is good - it's a good time for me to take off on another maternity leave and I'm not getting any younger (will be turning 36 when we start to TTC #2).

Very much struggling to be honest. Before I started seeing my boyfriend I had a sperm donor lined up and hoped to be pregnant by now, but my lovely man walked into my life and that was plan changed. I dont mind really but I cant stop myself from discussing it and I come off as a some demented baby snatcher I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->