How are you all sleeping?

2bananas

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Well, Im barely sleeping at all.

I am so tearful at the moment because I am exhausted.

Friday night I had 5 hours sleep, sat night I had about 5, sunday about 4.5 hours and then last night I got a whopping - wait for it - 4 hours.

I am awake for hours on end during the night. I wake up around 1-2 am and I am struggling to get back to sleep for a few hours. It also is taking me an eternity to fall off to sleep despite being so exhausted. My body is jumping all over the place, I am so restless and unable to relax.

Whats going on? Its still too early to be this restless, im just so miserable.

I feel like im in a bit of a bubble walking around, you know when you are just so lethargic.

I have had warm milk before bed, tried relaxing baths, reading, everything. Im really struggling.

I know im moaning but I am one of those people who need sleep and im like a bear with a sore head. My body is in agony with the spd and sciatica.

Im just feeling hopeless and emotional. :sad2::sad2:

i find that if i go to bed later about 10pm - after a horlicks and 2 teaspoons of gaviscon! - as long as my hubby comes too i only wake up once for a pee and im asleep til alarm goes off at 7pm :) xx

Im not sleeping either- it is awful. I used to make myself stay awake in the hope that at night I would sleep for longer- I dont bother anymore- I sleep when Im tired, which means Im pretty much awake from 3am onwards..... Arghhh.... It makes me loads more emotional, but my hubby is pretty fab with the cuddles.

Not long left honey, take care x x

i find that if i go to bed later about 10pm - after a horlicks and 2 teaspoons of gaviscon! - as long as my hubby comes too i only wake up once for a pee and im asleep til alarm goes off at 7pm :) xx

I was exactly the same up until the weekend. Somethings just changed, I've gone from my 8/9 hours sleep to almost half that.

Im hoping its short term!!

Well, I usually sleep like the dead, but i've got a cold right now, so even though its nearly 6am here, I've been up since 4am because I can't breath lying down. I'm trying to decide if I should take the day off work or not. I'm not sick enough to stay home, but I may end up tired enough from lack of sleep. I go to sleep at 1 am most nights, so I've only had 3 restless hours sleep so far.

sleep?? whats' that??

in seriousness though, I've actually discovered that the earlier I go to sleep, the worst night I have, I've realised that if I stay up and watch tv/read etc until about 11.30/12 then I tend to sleep a bit better.. I'm still waking every 1.5-2hrs for a loo trip, every now and again I get through the night with only one!! :dance: Awake from about 6.45-7.30 while my OH is getting ready for work, so I have a bowl of cereal during this time, then once he leaves I go back to sleep and doze again until about 9am...

So on average I'd say I'm getting about 6hrs of interrupted sleep a night. About once a week I have a really bad night though that I only get about 3-4hrs.

Well, I usually sleep like the dead, but i've got a cold right now, so even though its nearly 6am here, I've been up since 4am because I can't breath lying down. I'm trying to decide if I should take the day off work or not. I'm not sick enough to stay home, but I may end up tired enough from lack of sleep. I go to sleep at 1 am most nights, so I've only had 3 restless hours sleep so far.

Hope you are feeling better soon. xx

I was the same - i was really struggling and with the SPD and the arthritis i was gettin really ratty with everyone, i saw my mw one day after only a couple of hours sleep and she sent to the hospital for a check up, they gave me cocodamol to take before bed - omg a godsend! i can sleep again! I was a little worried at first, heard a few things about taking codeine but the doctor at the hospital assured me that it was fine to take!

maybe try taking a couple of paracetamol before bed?

Hi

I get 3-4 hours good sleep a night and then tossing and turning and dreaming, bit better when I am not at home (my bed just obviously is not for pg ladies) but never any more than 5 generaly I wake up at 2.53am (wierd I know) Last night it was 3.50pm.

I have been like this for months now due to my SPD I think so I am used to it your body just gets used to less sleep fore me I suppose it is good practice.

Just hang on in their try staying up for an extra hour even if you dont want to so that your first 4-5 hours are quality sleep.

:hugs2:

I just can't get properly comfortable - I even have one of those special pillow thingies but I toss and turn and sometimes the LO seems to be sat on my lungs so I can hardly breath at times. Its horrible. Most nights I have a maz of 6 hours interupted sleep.

On the plus side I had a really good night on Saturday where I had a solid 8 hous sleep. I keep telling myself it's preparing me for motherhood!

I hope you get some sleep soon

xx

Well I didnt sleep through but I didnt need to get up and pee...which is wonderful for me! LOL

But in general my sleep is very disturbed now, I just cant get comfy , bump is too big, I miss sleeping on my back, I get cramp and heartburn and sometimes I irritate babba and he gives me a swift kick in the ribs!

I was the same - i was really struggling and with the SPD and the arthritis i was gettin really ratty with everyone, i saw my mw one day after only a couple of hours sleep and she sent to the hospital for a check up, they gave me cocodamol to take before bed - omg a godsend! i can sleep again! I was a little worried at first, heard a few things about taking codeine but the doctor at the hospital assured me that it was fine to take!

maybe try taking a couple of paracetamol before bed?

Yeah, i have codydramol for my spd, I just hate taking it, although i know its safe. I may try taking some tonight.

My darling daughter breaks up from school today, a bit annoyed actually as all the other schools in our area are breaking up friday but the teachers are having 3 inset days, was planning on sleeping in the day and resting if poss. I only found out yesterday she was finishing today so as much as i love her being home im just dreading that im so tired and now ill have to keep us busy this week as well as next week.

x

totally sympathise :hugs:

i can't remember the last time I had a full, decent nights sleep, the bags under my eyes are getting sooooo BIG, how attractive!! if it's not heartburn, sickness, backache, needing a wee or demanding cats :cry: doesn't help leaving for work at 7.30 every morning and don't get back until about 11 hours later.

we're nearly there though :happydance:

i didn't do too bad last night as i played super mario bros. on the wii until my eyes couldn't take it anymore, took some gaviscon and nearly got 6 hours :happydance:

hope you manage to get some solid sleep soon x x x x.

Iv been like that for ages now.I go up to bed and I feel tired but can never sleep.Usually takes me a few hours to get over then I wake up and need a pee!lol.xx

so sorry your having problems :(

I have once of those big cushions, i think it helps. I do get uncomfy with leg cramps but always manage to drop back off to sleep eventually, i toss and turn a lot and get up for at least 1 wee, then i get the cat waking me up!! Its so frustrating but im lucky to still get at least 7/8 hours even if its broken hours!!

thank god! I thought it was just me getting this...

i feel exhausted but just cant sleep?! I lay awake for what feels like hrs trying to get to sleep, and when i do get to sleep its never deep sleep...turning sides hurts my bump- having to heave it over (along with my body pillow!) and also a million toilet trips...

i just want to sleep thru the night!!!! argh!! :grr:

I have been and bought some bach rescue remedy (night time). i took the ordinary type when i had my drivin test and it was great so the pharmacist said to give it a whirl.

Im clutching at straws now - will have to see if it works, will let you all know.

It makes me feel better knowing others arent sleeping but I feel for you guys too - im sorry!

xx

I'm hardly getting any sleep due to my SPD. I usually get a solid block of around 3 hours, then turn onto my other side for an hour, after which, I'm so stiff that I have to get up. I tend to have a couple of hours sat downstairs at around 4am, then usually go back up to bed for a couple of hours before my alarm goes off at 8am for work. I cant wait til I finish work & can have a nap in the aftenoons, I am soooooooo tired.

The last few days I've not had much sleep at all. Last night, went to bed at 11 with DH doing everything he could to relax me beforehand. Woke up at 3 completely unable to sleep again. Ended up whatching tv for a few hours and then dosing from 8am until 11, so glad i've finished work now otherwise I couldn't function!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->