How are you coping with morning sickness?

Robyn321

Reaction score
Hi all, I feel like such a wimp - I'm only 5w 5d pregnant and have been feeling terrible over the past few days, don't want to eat anything (which I know is bad for baby) and dry heaving. The nurse won't give me anything for it - 'it's all part of pregnancy' - but I'm feeling so bad that I can barely do anything, not even sleep.

So how are you ladies coping with work and the getting on with everything else in life? I really need this feeling to go away, I've got so much to do over the next 6 weeks!

Hi Robyn,
Ive been feeling sicky for the past few days, not actually been sick but feeling pretty rough. The smell/thought of food made me feel even worse but when I actually had something to eat it made me feel so much better - eating a little but often is definately the key I think, its definately helped me! I have been sticking to quite dry things though like toast, but its better than nothing. Hope you start feeling better soon!x

hi robyn, I can understand your problem. I went through similar problem in my pregnancy last year. I had so much of nausea and vomiting that I could not eat anything at all. My husband used to force feed me at times. I tried a lot of options like having a dry toast in the morning immediately after I used to wake up. It provided some benefit for a few weeks. Then my husband, a physician prescribed a tablet called pyridoxine. It took it for a few weeks and it was effective initially, but then it also stopped providing much benefit. Finally after 20 weeks, one fine day the nausea and vomiting completely disappeared and I was fine. I hope you too will do fine.

I am forcing myself to eat every 2-3 hours. I don't want to eat, feel sick at the thought of eating, but by the way I'm halfway through my sandwich (all I can eat these days) I feel better. So for me the remedy is eating very often very little. good luck!

I was sick atleast 6-8 times yesterday, anything I eat and also drink if im unlucky will come back up, the midwife said I will prob have to go docs and see what they can do. I have no enthuasiasm to leave the house, I have my LO to look after who is 1yr and nearlly 1month, he is hard work, I permantly feel dizzy and dehydrated and sleepy. I can't even keep water down at times

I think I've been lucky, I've been sick a couple of times each morning since Saturday. I feel sick if I haven't eaten for a while and as my appetite has decreased its difficult to be motivated to eat.

I find the little and often approach works for me. I've also found if I just let myself be sick in the morning I feel better than trying to prevent it.

Hey, tri-hopping to see if I can be of any help!

My sickness was horrific, I lost a stone! The first doctor I saw refused to give me anything, and I eventually got the midwife to get the doctor to prescribe Promethazine (it's a sedative.. it's basically Sominex which you can get from a pharmacy!) and it mostly made me tired but it helped take the edge off sometimes when I was at work (by this point I was already about 14 weeks so had got through the worst of it anyway lol).

I threw up everything I ate/drank, but there were a few things that really helped me..

For one thing, being hungry made things so much worse! So I would carry a little plastic pot around that had a couple of crackers and ginger biscuits in it to nibble on. I would suck on ice-cubes (as dehydration makes it worse) but ice-pops were definately more bearable as they have a bit of flavour :) I sucked on Soothers, or boiled sweets with sherbet in the middle (don't ask me why it helped lol but it did) and as weird as it sounds, I found sniffing one of those Olbas inhalers helped!! Just try lots of different things and you'll find something that will work for you, even if it's just something to help put it off for an hour if you're out and about :) xx

Thank you all so much for your advice - I've been so sick over the past few weeks I haven't been able to look at the computer (for some reason it makes it worse) and I've lost loads of weight. Dr has given me stemetil but says as long as I'm not dehydrated I'll be ok.

Better go before computer makes me feel bad again but thanks so much - I'll be trying everything!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->