How are you dealing with fatigue and sickness?

love21

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Hope you are all doing well.
I am now 8 weeks pregnant and not feeling great :(

I have horrible nausea, I vomit, I get diarrhea, and I am always extremely tired!

What do you guys do to deal with this?

It is horrible feeling :( I feel like I am not me. I can't even smile or anything. If I am not at work I am either in bed or in the bathroom.

Any tips will be great!
This is my first pregnancy so I have noooo idea how this works.

I handled it exactly how you are - spending as much time in bed as possible. I was also medicated with diclectin as my sickness lasted for my entire pregnancy. I remember thinking I felt like I was being tortured, and I couldn't imagine why anyone would put themselves through this more than once. Well my daughter is now almost 6 months old and we are planning on trying for #2 in three months. It feels horrible in the early weeks and like you won't survive this, but it will be over before you know it and you really do forget how bad it was! I remember telling my OH that I felt like I was just laying around waiting for my life to start again. Just hang in there, get rest whenever you can, and eat/drink whatever makes you feel better (or at least whatever doesn't make you feel worse).

I handled it exactly how you are - spending as much time in bed as possible. I was also medicated with diclectin as my sickness lasted for my entire pregnancy. I remember thinking I felt like I was being tortured, and I couldn't imagine why anyone would put themselves through this more than once. Well my daughter is now almost 6 months old and we are planning on trying for #2 in three months. It feels horrible in the early weeks and like you won't survive this, but it will be over before you know it and you really do forget how bad it was! I remember telling my OH that I felt like I was just laying around waiting for my life to start again. Just hang in there, get rest whenever you can, and eat/drink whatever makes you feel better (or at least whatever doesn't make you feel worse).

how was the diclectin for you, did it work well, were u really tired on it?

I don't deal with it well. Hehe. That is, this is number three and I swear it has been my worst. Especially the fatigue.

Get medicine from the doctor if the nausea is too bad (mind you, I did that and it hasn't helped greatly for me, but it does for some), eat what you can manage and try your best to stay hydrated. I generally live off popsicles for the first few months.

I don't deal with it well. Hehe. That is, this is number three and I swear it has been my worst. Especially the fatigue.

Get medicine from the doctor if the nausea is too bad (mind you, I did that and it hasn't helped greatly for me, but it does for some), eat what you can manage and try your best to stay hydrated. I generally live off popsicles for the first few months.

You're not the only on who said eat popsicles, I have Diabetes so I don't think that would work for me. I'm on week 12 and feel awfu still when does it stop

You're not the only on who said eat popsicles, I have Diabetes so I don't think that would work for me. I'm on week 12 and feel awfu still when does it stop

Well, most people it stops somewhere between weeks 12 and 15. However... that's not always true. My first pregnancy I was sick the entire 40 weeks. I think there was a period of 2-3 weeks where I felt okay in the 2nd trimester, and that was it.

Alternatives to popsicles: Snacking on ice (I really like the crushed stuff from the gas station--they let me have cups of it for free).
Freezing what you normally drink into popsicle shapes.
I like taking my drinks and putting them into the freezer long enough to where they make a slush, and then eating them with a spoon.
They make sugar-free popsicles, but I don't know if they are any good.

ugh , its so hard with diabetes, I have had GD for all of my pregnancies , i know its not the same as type 1, but its really hard for me to balance my sugar with all the aversions and nausea all I want are complex carbs, this time I am supposed to start right from the beginning and I am struggling. My fasting the other day was 108 , not a good start..

how was the diclectin for you, did it work well, were u really tired on it?

It didn't take away the nausea completely but it did make it a bit more bearable. After a few weeks I stopped taking it because I didn't think it was helping and I got so much sicker so it helped more than I realized. It made me tired at first but then I got used to it. I would take it at night and then only during the day if I absolutely needed to so that I wouldn't be too tired at work.

ugh , its so hard with diabetes, I have had GD for all of my pregnancies , i know its not the same as type 1, but its really hard for me to balance my sugar with all the aversions and nausea all I want are complex carbs, this time I am supposed to start right from the beginning and I am struggling. My fasting the other day was 108 , not a good start..

I have Type 2 Diabetes. and trust me it's soo hard. I was already learning to adjust to the diabetes before I found out I was pregnant. Ic was just diagnosed Oct 2015 so I was just trying to get used to better diet. Now numbers have to be much lower then what I was just starting to get used to , My fasting numbers are always high , so yesterday when I went to see high risk doc they put me on Insulin, so now I have to take insulin shot on top of all the medicine each day. I am with you it's hard don't worry we in this together

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->