how are you going to tell your parents?

magnolia09

Reaction score
hubby and i are driving to my parents house in a couple of weeks to tell them. i bought a glass photo frame that says, "grandparents complete the circle of love" on it. in the spot where the picture would go, i typed a little note that says, "happy 50th birthday gramma & grampa! i wish i could be there to celebrate with you but mommy & daddy said i have to stay in mommy's tummy until april. i can't wait to meet you and then you can take lots of pictures of me and put one in this frame! love, baby <our last name>"

my dad turned 50 in july and my mom turns 50 in september, so i'm going to wrap it like a birthday present and tell them it's a little something extra since they both have such a special birthday this year!

it's driving me crazy not telling them because we talk on the phone almost everyday, but i know this will be worth it.

how are you/did you tell your parents? did you do anything special or just call them on the phone?

That's such a cute idea. :cry: Hormones. I got a little choked up lol.

My dad's big into Harley Davidson motorcycles (yes for a 60 year old man lol). So I'm hunting for a shirt that says something like Harley Grandpa or something. It won't be his first grandkid (his 7th!) but hopefully coming from me it'll click lol. My mom and aunt (who's been pretty much like my grandma my entire life) will just be over the moon with the word baby. All I got to say is grand kid, April 2010 and they'll just go nuts. This will be my mom's first so she'll just go bananas. I've been itching to tell my mom when we're alone but I know it's not fair to my OH since he wants to see her reaction and to my dad and aunt.

That's very cute. Our parents live too far away for anything besides a phone call. Though we did email them the scan picture later.

I just called my Mum, and we've yet to tell the hubby's parents.

I called my parents and simply told them you're going to be Grandparents :) Simple, but sweet.

"happy 50th birthday gramma & grampa! i wish i could be there to celebrate with you but mommy & daddy said i have to stay in mommy's tummy until april. i can't wait to meet you and then you can take lots of pictures of me and put one in this frame! love, baby <our last name>"

That's so nice :)
Gave me a big smile, althought telling my parent's wasn't a 'everybody's happy' thing because of my age, but now everything's fine, and everyone's waiting for the bubba to come <3
Congratulations by the way!!
best of luck
xxx

I blurted it out when they got home from archery one day

I told ,y mum over the phone and she told my dad. who wouldn't speak to me for ages cuz I've had a lot of problems with illness and stuff, but now things are ok.
OH's parents were over the moon.

Love your ways of telling your parents xx

I peed on a test and handed it to my mum. That was that. My mum is cool, she doesn't expect long explanations. But the mother-in-law is waiting to be informed... I'm thinking of waiting till the bump is visible and point to my navel.

We told my parents by giving them a baby life jacket with a note attached that said "Got room for a little skipper?". They are really into boating and were over the moon.
We told my in-laws the other night. They were out to dinner with some friends who just live up the road from us so we called them and told them we were going to stop by their friends house when they get back because I baked a cake and we didn't want to eat it all by ourselves. So my hubby carried the cake in and sat it down in front of my in-laws. It was white with "congratulations grandma and grandpa" in baby blue and baby pink. It was so much fun :)

Our parents already know. I told my mum on the phone as she lives far away, and my OH's mum face to face. We were going to save telling his dad until fathers day, as we have the 12 week scan the day before. We were going to put a scan picture in a card, but we ended up having to tell him this weekend, as we were driving down south for a wedding and I had bad nausea, and kept thinking i was going to be sick...

It's funny, we had loads of great ideas as this will be first grand child on both sides, but it didnt work that way :-(

I'm telling the rest of my family at a large get together this weekend :-D xx

Our parents already know. I told my mum on the phone as she lives far away, and my OH's mum face to face. We were going to save telling his dad until fathers day, as we have the 12 week scan the day before. We were going to put a scan picture in a card, but we ended up having to tell him this weekend, as we were driving down south for a wedding and I had bad nausea, and kept thinking i was going to be sick...

It's funny, we had loads of great ideas as this will be first grand child on both sides, but it didnt work that way :-(

I'm telling the rest of my family at a large get together this weekend :-D xx

Hi Lindsay,
Just wondering how you will break the news at the family get together? We are thinking of scanning the scan photo and putting it on the TV. Trying to think of other ideas as there will be 2 sets of future grandparents, aunties and little cousins! So excited....
Great name btw, I'm Lindsey!

I'm due xmas day, so for my mums birthday I gave her a present that said on the outside 'me and OH are making you a Christmas present' then inside was a 'pregnant' test and a ticker pic that I'd printed off...

For my dad we weren't as prepared but took round a bottle of champagne and gave it to him... He asked what it was for, I said 'to celebrate' he was all confused then we told him!

X x x

I was so scared of what they would say I just blurted it out :haha: xxx

With DS, we had just got back from a weekend away and brought a bottle of wine back for each set of parents. We handed them the wine and a card that said 'Dear Gran and Grandpa, see you in 8 months, love Baby Ellis'. My mum went nuts and DH's mum cried for 10mins!!

With this one, my mum and dad had got us a triple picture frame for our anniversary and I said I would put a picture of us, a picture of DS and a picture of the new baby in it. It took her a couple of seconds to catch on as my SIL is pregnant as well. After that she was really happy.

Haven't got round to telling DH's parents yet. Have a few family issues just now and DH really doesn't want his mum knowing (long story, don't want to bore you all)

Some of the ideas you ladies have are fab.

well to be honest even tho we were ttc i was in shock so i actually test my mum!! really bad i know!! i text her saying heya mummy just thought you should know you will be a nanna in february!! and well i rang my dad he nearly fainted oops!! hehe
havent told oh parents yet as they are away in france and dont wanna tell them over the phone but his brothers and sister know hehe x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->