How are you ladies coping?

Toes_crossed

Reaction score
I have quite severe nausea... Not actually been sick but I feel sick pretty much all day :sick:
The only thing that seems to relieve it for a short time is having something to eat... but obviously I can't eat all day... Have tried Ginger, Have tried plenty of water... Any other suggestions?

xxx

You might try vitamin B6 for the nausea. I take a 100mg pill a day in addition to my prenatals. My midwife told me to keep it up when I said I was taking it.

I will give those a go. Haven't been able to take my vits for a week due to the sickness, they make me heave just at the smell of them so I am just taking my folic acid at the moment. Hoping this subsides soon :( xxx

B6 does help - so does staying hydrated, NOT thinking about food, and sniffing a jar of ground ginger root (I'm serious!) every time that feeling pops up. Keep eating! Find a snack-item that you can eat (for me it's fruit and frozen fruit bars) and just munch all day.

B6 does help - so does staying hydrated, NOT thinking about food, and sniffing a jar of ground ginger root (I'm serious!) every time that feeling pops up. Keep eating! Find a snack-item that you can eat (for me it's fruit and frozen fruit bars) and just munch all day.

Will give the ginger root a go. Eating ginger hasn't helped at all :(
I'm not having trouble finding food to eat... It's the stopping I am having trouble with. It temporarily relieves the sickness but I am going to end up the size of an elephant at this rate :dohh:

Have you tired the sea-bands...the motion sickness bands that use acupress? They have really helped me. I'm in the US but they are easily found at most drug stores and very inexpensive.

I have found that sour hard candies also work and they help with the excess saliva too!

I'm not really sure on things that can help other then eating something, but wanted to say I have the same thing. sooo may times I have just had to pop into the closest store a buy a snack to keep it at bay.
about a week ago I was in a Indian restaurant with about 30 people (which don't know I'm pregnant) I was starting to feel quite bad so I asked for a sprite. they had not taken anyones order yet but they said yes. I waited & waited & waited for it to come while my nausea was getting worse. in the end I just got up and told them I REALLY need the sprite now. I'm sure they now think I'm diabetic or something :blush: but I don't care they rushed it to me and it made me feel a lot better.

Thank you ladies.
Yeah I'd heard the bands were good but hadn't heard first hand. Will give them a go.
Yes sucking hard sour sweets has helped... But not for long :( xx

I had the same as you, not being sick but feeling sick all day. And night too. It was awful, I felt like poo and was miserable. I have gained weight from the only relief being eating and now the sickness has passed the eating habits have stayed. Oops!
I'm sorry but can't offer any advice, but the above suggestions sound good. I will say though that it will pass soon and you will feel much better :)

I'm not really sure on things that can help other then eating something, but wanted to say I have the same thing. sooo may times I have just had to pop into the closest store a buy a snack to keep it at bay.
about a week ago I was in a Indian restaurant with about 30 people (which don't know I'm pregnant) I was starting to feel quite bad so I asked for a sprite. they had not taken anyones order yet but they said yes. I waited & waited & waited for it to come while my nausea was getting worse. in the end I just got up and told them I REALLY need the sprite now. I'm sure they now think I'm diabetic or something :blush: but I don't care they rushed it to me and it made me feel a lot better.

Hehe good work. It's so difficult isn't it.
My boss keeps looking at me like, Oh my god You're eating again :blush: He's understand in a couple weeks once i've had my scan and I get to scream my news from the rooftops :D xxx

I forgot to say before, I love your avatar picture!

Hehe good work. It's so difficult isn't it.
My boss keeps looking at me like, Oh my god You're eating again :blush: He's understand in a couple weeks once i've had my scan and I get to scream my news from the rooftops :D xxx

Yep, I can't wait until everyone knows and I can just do what I need to do or say what I need to say without thinking about it.

my scans on Feb 7th. I will be between 11 weeks 2 days & 11 weeks 5 day then. I know it's not quite the safe zone, but if every things good then, that's it I'm on that roof top :)

Thanks ProudMumOfOne :flower:

Jett i'm with you! I have my first MW appointment on the 3rd and my scan on the 11th. SOO can't wait! :happydance: xx

Crackers, lots and lots of crackers has been the only thing that makes me feel somewhat better through out the day. This baby is going to come out craving crackers and other carbs! lol

I have that yucky "sick" feeling all day every day, but don't actually get sick too. Some days I wish I'd just puke and get it over with!! Over the weekend I actually got sick and did feel better afterwards. But it was the first and only time.

i had it really really really bad bought some motion sickness bands and they curbed it, then i read that eating a lot of protein helps so started eating lots of cheese and pork etc and it appeared to disappear overnight! of course now i feel like i have to keep it up lol so it doesnt come back lol really cheesey cheese scones are good yum yum!

I have nausia all day too! Ive gotten sick about 5 or 6 times...about once a week. What I tend to do is break down my meals...I snack...I eat about every 2 hours just to keep the nausia at bay during work hours...Im 13 weeks and it still hasnt gone away! Everyone keeps saying they got better at 10 weeks! :( I wish I felt better! I havent gained ANY weight...although my belly sticks out alot! Sence Im not gaining alot of weight...I just keep myself at a level...good luck! I hope your sickness goes away as soon as mine is going to!!!

urgh me too hun. nausea all day long and if i wake up during the night. tried the motion bands, didnt doo anything, tried ginger biscuits. the only think that seems to have any effect is like you said, just eating all day. im gonna be huuuuuugee :munch:

Have you tried preggie pops? They're really good if sour flavors help your morning sickness. I also took B6 drops from Bnatal -- they're a green apple flavored B6 drop that you can suck on, rather than take like a pill. They seemed to work pretty well for me! I also had some success with peppermint tea.

I hope your sickness eases soon. It got a lot better for me around 11 weeks. Hold on, and I hope some of these tips work for you!:thumbup:

I drink tea a lot and it helps, though I have only had very mild tummy trouble. I like green apple tea, it's very soothing. My prenatals sometimes make me sick so I take them at night before bed, after dinner and with a cup of tea and I am fine for the night :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->