How are you preparing your mind.body&soul,for trying to conceive ladies???

D

dmestiza

:baby::kiss:
I thought i would start up another thread to keep us wtt ladies abit occupied... hehehee

So please leave a comment stating your situation-- when will u be ttc? what are you doing before trying to conceive-- foods you may be eating, herbal tea's you may be drinking to enhance fertility, exercises you may be doing to enhance ovulation-- supplements you may be taking??... and so on!!!!

it will b nice to hear other ladies advice, guidance and information in regards to "waiting to try"... :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Here is my situation:

I am currently 23 years old.
I will be trying with my husband this October for bb number 1!!
I am taking Blackmores Conceive Well Gold now and up until i fall pregnant, then i will b switching to Blackmores pregnancy and breastfeeding gold :)
I found this on the net:

Green tea is a popular ingredient, since it is so high in antioxidants. Some studies have shown that a cup of green tea daily can as much as double your odds of conceiving...
*so i will be drinking this daily now...

I am also going to start drinking more water (even putting a dash of lemon in your water can help to cleanse the body)
I was also smoking ciggarettes before, but i am quitting now before i Try to conceive, koz i read it will help with ovulation!!!!-- and for my health...
I try my best to buy/eat more veggies now!

I will not be using opk's or anything when i ttc... i am gonna just let it happen naturally :winkwink:

Enough about me...
your comments will be greatttt!!!!!

cheers, thanks all in advance :hugs:

Hi,
Im 38 and about to try for baby number 2, baby number 1 is 19 :wacko:

Im interested in this post as im not really sure what I should be trying.
I know I need to lose weight as I put on some after breaking my ankle last year. Part ofmy current diet iinvolves green tea and im back exercising but thats about it.

Looking forward to reading future posts to see what I can try.

Neat thread :).

I'm WTT for number 3. When we try (if we try) will depend on my DH- he's happy t stick with 2 children but I'm hoping he'll change his mind! I'd ideally like a 2.5 to 3 year age gap between my youngest and number 3 (so we would ttc in 7 months- a years time).

For my body I would try to improve my eating habits (making sure I eat regularly and eat more healthily; I have a crazy sweet tooth), lose 15-20lbs (I have been going to the gym regularly in a bid to lose the rest of my baby weight but so far I have just put weight on :dohh:) and establish an exercise regime that i can keep up during pregnancy.

For my mind I would try to get lots of the stuff I've been meaning to do around the house done and get a good spring clean under my belt so that the housework is easier to manage, as I know it will stress me out seeing unfinished jobs and lots of mess when I have a new baby and two messy toddlers. I'd also like to draw up a list of the things I'd like to do during the pregnancy, stuff I regret not doing with my other pregnancies (like bump progression pics), so that I can make sure those happen.

For my soul I'm not sure!

I'm not doing anything specific. I'm already a fairly healthy eater and pretty fit from lots of horseback riding and running. I get lots of fruits and veggies, drink tons of water, am on vitamins (whether or not that is helpful I guess is debatable). I guess I could always eat more healthy and have no processed junk but I already have so little of it as it is that I don't worry about indulging once in a while on boxed Mac N' Cheese. ;)

I'll be going on prenatal vitamins a year out from TTC as per my gyno's recommendation. And anyways it'll just be a switch from my women's vitamin to one specifically for baby makin'. ;) When we do start trying we will be taking a NTNP approach sort of, I guess. I have been on the pill for three years now and it'll be five years when I finally come off it so who knows what my cycles will be like but here's hoping they go back to normal. I was super regular before, never really counted exact days but fairly sure they were close to 28 days. I will probably keep tabs on it once I get it again. God how I hate periods! That is something I am not looking forward to at all. I really have no desire to stick a finger up in there checking things out every day so I won't be doing any real charting or anything.

Hopefully it all works as planned, I really don't like the idea of being so involved with TTC...I kind of want to just miss a period and take a test and there you are! Haha. We will see I guess.

I'm 27 and will be trying for #2 in about 2 years, so that by the time the baby is born, there will be around a 3 year age gap from my son (whos 9 weeks now). I'm still taking my prenatals since I'm breastfeeding (I take the expecta ones...tried several others while preggo and that was the only one that my stomach could handle the iron). Once I'm done breastfeeding, I'll switch back to just folic acid until pregnant again! Will also keep drinking massive amounts of water daily ... Good for your body and helps produce more CM around ovukation :) Otherwise will be keeping everything else the same.

A note about folic acid- my OB recommended taking it if you're in your "childbearing years" no matter how far out from trying you are. Its most important in the first few weeks while baby is growing, and you remain unaware that you're pregnant. So if you accidently get pregnant before you start trying, baby would still be protected. It is something like 75% of spina bifida cases could be prevented by momma having enough folic acid in the first few weeks. If you're not one to take vitamins and whatnot, there are plenty of foods that contain it that you could work into your diet.

hi everyone
im trying for number 2 in august.so not long to go

at the moment im making sure i eat plenty of fresh fruit and veg everyday and also trying my best to up my water intake. im taking prenatal vitamins aswell. and one thing im trying not to do is drink my usual amount of coffees.i have only one in the morning then switch to decaf:coffee:

its nice to see how we are all preparing:happydance:

:baby::kiss:
Green tea is a popular ingredient, since it is so high in antioxidants. Some studies have shown that a cup of green tea daily can as much as double your odds of conceiving...
*so i will be drinking this daily now...

A note on green tea: I take it too :) But be very aware that it absorbs folic acid, so make sure you're taking extra. I only take it AF-O (just in case we have an oops and do get pregnant, because I don't want it taking folic acid from baby.

Nice topic, dmestiza! Sometimes I forget about the "mind" and "soul" part. I've been so diligent about taking care of my physical health in preparation for TTC, I often forget that my emotional health is also important. I will be TTC #1 this winter and I've promised myself Im going to try to get a better handle on my work-related stress for my own sanity, for the sake of my relationship with OH, and to set a better example for my future kids. No more working over-time for free, no more bringing my work home with me every day, and no more checking my email all weekend long! I'll have to take it in baby steps...for example, today I took 3/4 of my lunch break instead of scarfing something down at my desk in 30 seconds. This is actually a huge step for me. I know it sounds ridiculous, and it really is. 6 months from now, I hope to be a normally functioning adult who works no more than 40 hours p/week and does NOT have nightmares about upcoming deadlines and conference calls. :wacko:

Side note - I didn't know green tea was linked to fertility! That's pretty neat, especially since I already love the stuff...

thanks for the reply's ladies!!! wishing you all the very best... xoxo

Hello, im 22, and will hopefully be ttc #1 in august/september. -though, as im going it alone, this will be heavily dependant on weather or not I can find a donor that wont up and vanish on me-

For my mind -and soul I suppose- I will be moving out of home, hopefully in the next month if all goes to plan. This will reduce a lot of my stress caused by living in a unsafe enviroment where I genuinly fear for ,my life at least 3 times a week -damn brother wont have anything to do with my future kids-. I also hope to have a new job before ttc. That will erradicate even more stress. Oh, and I have started a baby fund. The saving is going better than I expected, but not as good as I had secretly hoped. But thats ok, theres still time.

For my body, I really need to lose 30-40kg, but am at a loss for how to do so. I have tried everything I can think of, including having been to 2 different nutritionalists, general healthy eating and exercise, fad diets, all of which resulted in weight gain. The only thing that resulted in weight loss was the eating disorder in high school, but I dont want to slip down that path ever again. But I will try to get in more exercise, despite it being winter, and try get in more of those expensive things called fresh fruit and veg, plus take dinner to work rather than buy every day (I work at subway, which is relatively healthy regardless).
Im not a huge fan of green tea, though I do have it on occasion. I prefer healtheries 'be materbal' tea. Not only is it good for ttc, and late pregnancy-it can help induce labour-, but it helps relieve the sympthoms of endometriosis. I also take centrum daily (which is suprising, considering I despise pills, and usually forget to take them after a week. But ive been taking these daily for the past 4 months so far).

Im also charting. Mostly just temping, and monitiring my cm. Will leave cp untill im actually ttc. I would rather not have to do this, but it will be essential since I will need to use a donor who is yet to be found.

On a side note, im also getting my puppy and cat used to babies and young children, so that when I do eventually have s baby, theres no danger or undue stress to either child or pet,

I'm 27 and will be trying for #2 in about 2 years, so that by the time the baby is born, there will be around a 3 year age gap from my son (whos 9 weeks now). I'm still taking my prenatals since I'm breastfeeding (I take the expecta ones...tried several others while preggo and that was the only one that my stomach could handle the iron). Once I'm done breastfeeding, I'll switch back to just folic acid until pregnant again! Will also keep drinking massive amounts of water daily ... Good for your body and helps produce more CM around ovulation :) Otherwise will be keeping everything else the same.

A note about folic acid- my OB recommended taking it if you're in your "childbearing years" no matter how far out from trying you are. Its most important in the first few weeks while baby is growing, and you remain unaware that you're pregnant. So if you accidently get pregnant before you start trying, baby would still be protected. It is something like 75% of spina bifida cases could be prevented by momma having enough folic acid in the first few weeks. If you're not one to take vitamins and whatnot, there are plenty of foods that contain it that you could work into your diet.

I've been taking multivitamins that has 400 mcg's of folic acid for a few years now.

I'm not doing a lot to be prepared for when I finally ttc but I do walk 3 miles every day. Also, I drink water every day and go the gym three days a week.

What a good idea! We think so much about our bodies, but minds and souls kind of get left out.

I'm about to get uber serious about weight loss after having back surgery. BIG wake up call. I want to a) be a good role model for my child/ren and b) be able to enjoy being pregnant, birthing and bringing them up! Not always worrying about whether my back is going to go again.

Mind... I am currently studying for three different qualifications. I need them out of the way or very close to before I give birth. I'm also practising meditation and healthy habits of mind to prepare for the extra demands of motherhood.

I'm also trying to develop a stronger sense of 'me' (what I like and don't like, a hobby or two that I can sustain without too much cost, some good solid friendships (I've moved around a lot before getting married, so I'm still trying to establish that here in Melbourne)) so I don't lose sight of 'myself' between work and family when it becomes necessary. I think every mother needs the occasional time out where she can remind herself of that.

Soul... I'm trying to establish a belief structure! I'm not devout but I was christened, so I'm Christian, but I want to have what I believe in firmly set out before little voices start asking big questions. And how to explain it to them so that they get that Dad and I differ in our beliefs, and it's okay if they have different beliefs when they get bigger too.

Body
Tighten up tummy muscles and pelvic floor - DS was kind of hard on both.
Get used to eating less sugar.
Take my chance for as much sex as possible with DH as I know now how little we'll have during pregnancy and for the 1st year! :haha:
Various supplements/vitamins.

Mind
Finish my training (finish early October).
Prep for myself a hypnotherapy anti-morning-sickness CD.
Finish dejunking the house to help my state of mind when it all goes to hell in the newborn days!

Soul
Sort my beliefs out in my own head. Which needs to include finishing wading my way though the rest of The Oxford Bible Commentary. :dohh:

Body: I plan to start folic acid in September 3 months before ttc and loose about half a stone (I'm not over weight but I'd like to get to my perfect weight before ttc)
Soul: I'm a practicing Christian and love the Lord, I want to start paying for the baby even at this early stage .
Mind: don't think I have much for this one, I think my mind is in a good place to ttc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"