How can I get baby to drop/engage?

Super_Mom

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Im 38 weeks and hoping for a VBAC. I went for my appointment yesterday and my doc says the baby hasn't dropped yet, although his head is down. Any tips on how I can get this little guy to take the dive?

Not that I've had any luck with any of these (yet) - mines not dropped yet either - but:

Walking
Bouncing on a birthing ball
Walking sideways up stairs
Walking on uneven pavement (ie one foot on the curb and one on the street)
Swinging your hips in a figure 8

Good luck (to both of us lol)

Not allowing your hips to sit below the height of your knees!

bouncing on a ball while nipple tweeking worked with my 2nd. got him almost fully engaged.

Fast paced walking got my second baby to drop. With this one i do a good 2 miles a night with my dog and it's definitely having the desired effect, the pressure is definitely there now!

I did everything to get my last baby to engage (including chiropractic!) and he didn't until labor. Then I spent all of labor fighting the urge to push because he was sitting so low. :lol: Don't stress too hard, there are many different paths to a vaginal birth!

Second babies don't always engage - I'm sure you'll still have a shot at your vbac even if baby doesn't engage until labour. Fingers crossed for you!

^Yes, 2nd babies don't always engage until labor! Walking and bouncing can't hurt though! I'm doing a lot of both and am feeling tons of pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->