How can I get her to eat properly again?

Sparky0207

Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Lucy has gone from being a great little eater to being really really fussy. She had a really really nasty cold about a month ago and because of her sore throat I was letting her eat yoghurt and ice cream because it was all she wanted.
Shes over it now but has gotten really fussy and hardly eats anything. I know its my own fault because when she was ill, if she refused her 'proper' food, id give her a yoghurt or something so that she had actually eaten, but now thats all she wants.

She used to eat anything I put in front of her but now she wont touch a thing! Help! xx

Sorry hun I am also having the same with my 2 year old.It's driving me insane x

it's not unusual for children of 18+ to go through a faddy eating stage all my children have gone through it ,, the time to worry is if thier health is suffering !

talk to your h'v if your really worried in the mean time i would keep a food diary for a couple of weeks so you can monitor what they are eating and how much !!

It's normal at this age to start being fussy about food. I wouldnt worry too much about it. As long as there is something in her tummy and she looks happy and healthy.

argh! we are going through the same thing too!

Daisy would eat anything but has all of a sudden become really fussy, I have no advise, sorry! But I will be watching this thread to see if anyone has any advice!

No advice from me either but we have a similar problem, Tegan has her favourite foods and will eat nothing else.

I am having the exact same problem with Thomas. @It has been going on for 2 months now. He used to eat loads and now he is so fussy, I never know what to give him. He is having loads of milk in the night because he won't eat enough in the day and I don't know what to do. It started for the same reason, he was ill with swollen glands and a sore throat and he has been ill on and off since then with cold/sore throat/swollen glands and has never got back to eating.

I have started to get Madi involved in helping with dinner.Either choosing it in the shop or washing the veg.Sometimes stirring and laying the table.I even took her to buy a new dinner set and she is trying more but its slow going xxxx

Seems all kids go through this stage. Jayden and Amanda certainly did and finally they are starting to try new things this past year or so.

Chase is a very, very finicky eater and it's annoying as hell. He seems to get a cold every month and that's when any eating habits are gone.

Aww little Lucy...what she like.
Hope its just a phase hun xx

I googled it and apparently it is normal and usually happens between 12 and 36 months.

They suggested getting them to help prepare their food and, if you're not giving them the same as you are eating, give them something that looks similar. They also said to praise them with every mouthful they do take, and ignore if they start acting up as too many children get used to getting the attention only when they are naughty. They also said some obvious things such as eating as family so they get into routine.

Seems to be working a little bit so far! Shes now eating sandwiches and fruit too! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->