How can I thank parents for doing a fantastic job?

babystrollerl

Reaction score
I'm a teacher. In my role, I come across all types of parents.

However, there are just some parents that are doing a darn good job of raising their kids (in my opinion and relative to other parents I encounter).

For instance, I have one student whose parent encourages him to be polite, gives him chores, and administers consequences when he does not meet expectations. As a result, this child is extremely polite (asking if he can carry things for me, etc) and responsible.

I have another student who lost his father - his grandmother is his caregiver now. She seems overwhelmed with the responsibility, but constantly puts his well-being first (seeking counseling for him, etc.)

I feel a little silly asking this, but I would love to recognize these parents in a private way. In a quick email, a letter, etc. Something along the lines of "Keep it up - your kid is awesome!"

However, as I do not have kids of my own, I'm not sure this would be a welcome gesture. Any suggestions on whether this is a good idea and/or how to phrase it would be welcome.

We send postcards home in our school. They seem to go down very well. X

I am a parent and honestly a quick note/card home would make me feel good about how I have raised my daughter. There is nothing better than that!

I am a middleschool teacher and we have an awesome practice to show parents our support and gratitude with a mothly cupcake delivery. We order cupcakes with designed phrases like 'Thank you for cool parenting', 'Thank you for *kid_name*

In that simple gesture of appreciation, I think parents will be very happy. I adore how you appreciate those hard working parents. As a parent myself, it would be a great feeling to receive a card about how I raised my kid. :kiss::kiss::kiss:

I have friends who are teachers and they just let the parents know that their child is a pleasure to teach and I know friends who have been on the receiving end of the comment and it gave them a huge boost so then you could avoid the well you don't have a child don't remark but by saying they are a pleasure to teach you are still giving that positive remark

I think this is a lovely idea. I have been told that both of my daughters are a pleasure to teach and honestly, it made me so proud! They have had little awards sent home for achievements and they love them. Maybe you could do something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->