How can they do this?!

babyno9

Living in a madhouse!
Reaction score
Its not bloody right!

I had a letter through my door today from UK Power Networks Services stating that next tuesday and thursday they are switching off our electric from 8am until 5pm! :nope:

This is the 5th time in 2 years (since i've lived here) that they've done this. I'm sure this work they need to carry out could wait afew weeks until the weather has warmed up? To leave families with small children with no electric (which also means no heating) for 9 HOURS for two days in the middle of winter is just outrageous. :growlmad: I have a 6 week old baby for goodness sake. There is also a very elderly neighbour that lives across the street from me! I have no where else to go for those days otherwise i would, only my family live miles and miles away. I rang them this afternoon to ask what the hell i'm going to do and i was basically told to get on with it. Nice hey!

that is AWFUL hun! i had no idea they could do that :nope:

I completely sympathise with you love but unfortunately where electricity supply is concerned if there is a problem that needs fixing, and a shut down is what is needed, it might be extremely dangerous not to do it.

Ok I didn't mean that to sound patronising lol.

I queried it with my hubby who works for a major energy supplier because I was shocked when I read it and that's what he told me. As long as they give you proper notice there isn't anything that can be done. It really sucks.

That sucks BUT make sure you dont PAY for those two days without your electric because I bet the company will "forget" to remburse the loss

Thanks.

I emailed a complaint to the company and the manager emailed back to say basically what you said bigbetty but he also said he is going to try and hire a gas heater for us for the two days we have no electric. I really hope he does, i wouldn't mind as long as we had some form of heat for those two days.

Thanks.

I emailed a complaint to the company and the manager emailed back to say basically what you said bigbetty but he also said he is going to try and hire a gas heater for us for the two days we have no electric. I really hope he does, i wouldn't mind as long as we had some form of heat for those two days.

Aw - fingers crossed they crossed they can do that for you!!

unfortunately as long as they give notice they can we had our power turned off just before xmas 3 days out of a week and only had 48hours notice they were going to do it
keep on at them about the heater and if you can get some flasks and boil the kettle just before they switch off so you have hot water for washing up or cups of tea
fingers crossed they fix what ever it is quickly and the power isnt off for the two days x

What are you meant to do about things like your fridge and freezer? All the food will go off surely

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->