How can you avoid water retention and swelling?

KamKol

Mother of one
Reaction score
I think I'm starting to swell up. I'm only 21 weeks, is it normal at this stage??

My feet are looking quite "full" - my feet are normally quite slim (hard to explain) and boney but they look slightly fat - my sis just spotted them after I took my slippers off, and she said they are looking quite different...

I don't even remember how my feet looked pre pregnancy!

I don't get to walk or be active that often, maybe a couple of times a week I manage to get out the house to really have a good walk around.

If I AM swelling up, what can I do to avoid it?

Hey hun I have been getting this too, I got told to elevate my feet and wrap them in a cold towel, and cut down on my salt intake. The one I found random was I was also told to increse my water intake, apparantly the more you drink, the less your feet swell, not quite sure how that works though

I started swelling around the same time as you and it hasn't really gotten worse but my joints are sometime sore becasue of it. I have found drinking tons of water helps. The first few days I felt too full by my body got used of it and it really works. I try to have a glass of water before meals, snacks before starting something at work - basically as often as I can.

I also sleep with my feet on a couple pillows to elevate them. Took a couple days to get used of but this is also helping. I also don't stand/sit in one place for too long. Oh and I read bananas or potatoes are good to eat regularly as they have potassium - this might help too.

Things I can think of that cause water retention.. salt, dehydration (even very slight), too much caffeine. It may well just be hormones though! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->